Raw chocolate haystacks
Rating4.7/5 (from 10 ratings)4.7
Prep Time5 min
Total Time35 min
Suggested Servings12 servings
Shelf Life5 days in fridge
- 2 1/2 cups dried shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (liquid)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1. Add all ingredients into large bowl except the shredded coconut.
- 2. Stir with spoon until well mixed.
- 3. Once combined, add shredded coconut. Stir again until well combined.
- 4. Form into 12 small mounds and place on plate. Refrigerate for one hour. (Haystacks will harden when cooled.)
- 5. Store leftover haystacks in refrigerator.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
No equipment required! Which means less dishes to clean, which is always a good thing!
These raw chocolate haystacks are awesome. I like to store them in the fridge for quick sugar fixes. These haystacks are probably one of my top 5 favourite recipes because they are really quick and really good!
Best served cold, straight-out of the fridge because coconut oil will liquify again once warm. (Note: you can freeze them for longer storage, but they are moist and much better when refrigerated rather than frozen.)
To get the white-coconut effect as seen in the picture, roll your finished haystacks in some additional shredded coconut before freezing.
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Calories.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Dietary Fiber, and Riboflavin.
Printable Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes