Raw cheese sauce
Rating5/5 (from 12 ratings)5
Prep Time5 min
Total Time5 min
Suggested Servings6 servings
Shelf Life4 days in fridge
- 2 cups cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons more water if needed to facilitate blending (optional)
- 1. Throw all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- 2. Blend. This recipe can be a bit of a @#$#$% when blending, so if you're having trouble getting the mixture to mix properly, turn your high-speed blender off and insert a spatula down one side to let a pocket of air down near the blades. Then remove the spatula, put the lid back on and continue blending--going from slow all the way up to fast again. You can also add a bit more water (mentioned above) but I try not to add any more water than three additional tablespoons because I like to keep the texture more on the thick side.
- 3. Serve. I usually use right away, as a dip, on top of broccoli, on top of a raw veggie burger patty.
- 4. Refrigerate leftovers. Leftover raw cheese sauce will keep for up to four days in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
This raw cheese sauce recipe is one of the most frequently made savory recipes in my raw kitchen.
Fresh out of the VItamix when it's a bit warm, it's nice and runny - and perfect for serving over broccoli. (When serving over brocolli drop the raw cheese sauce from a spoon.)
Want to know more about raw cheese sauce? Listen to The Raw Food Podcast, Episode 10, where I dish everything I know about raw cheese!
Another handy tip - got leftover raw cheese sauce and aren't sure what to do with it? Dehydrate it until it becomes nice and crispy. Crumble it up and you now have raw parmesan cheese that can be stored in a glass jar in your pantry! Lovely as a soup or salad topper.
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates.
- This recipe provides you with 100% of your daily Riboflavin, and Vitamin B6.
- This recipe is a good source of Protein, and Iron.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Vitamin K.
Printable Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes