Raw stuffed mushrooms
Prep Time7 min
Total Time6 hours 47 min
Shelf LifeEat immediately; store leftovers in fridge
Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
Yield20 stuffed mushrooms
- 20 mushrooms
- 1/2 cup red pepper or yellow pepper (do not use green pepper)
- 2/3 cup pine nuts (or cashews in a pinch)
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (packed) (or fresh cilantro)
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach (packed)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1. Clean all mushrooms with a dry tea towel or paper towel. Twist off stems. Separate stems from caps.2. Place caps aside and reserve for later.3. Throw clean mushroom stems into food processor. Add everything else to food processor EXCEPT RED PEPPER and EXCEPT MUSHROOM CAPS. Process until roughly chopped, resembling coarse pesto or a slightly chunky dip. Remove from food processor and set aside.4. Place red pepper into food processor and pulse until lightly chopped. (Do not over-process.) Add chopped red peppers to previous mixture. Mix with a spoon.5. Spoon the mixture into mushroom caps.6. Dehydrate on high for 1.5 hours then reduce heat and dehydrate as high as rawfully safe for another 3-8 hours depending on how dehydrated you want them. Serve immediately after dehydrating.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
Raw stuffed mushrooms are awesome for entertaining. They are best served right away. Try to dehydrate these as high as possible. They don't keep very well so probably one batch is good enough.
You can enjoy your raw stuffed mushrooms still rather moist and warm, which is nice. Or for a neat, chewy zingy exciting tiny morsel try dehydrating until they are very small and shrunken. Soooo good both ways, depending on your mood! Usually I am impatient so I eat some pretty soon but I leave the rest to get all shrivelled up and delicious. If you do dehydrate for a long time they will shrink in size quite a bit so make sure to make quite a few if you plan on serving for others otherwise you will look like a stingy host :)
- This recipe is very low in Calories, Fat, Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is a good source of Vitamin K.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Vitamin C, and Riboflavin.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes