Raw apple pie recipe
Rating4.8/5 (from 10 ratings)4.8
Prep Time7 min
Total Time1 hour 7 min
Suggested Servings8 servings
Shelf Life1 week in freezer
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup dried, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Apple pie ingredients:
- 3 (2+1) medium apples
- 1 cup dates
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1. Place all crust ingredients in the food processor. Process until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
- 2. Dump crust mixture into your pie crust/glass dish. Press the crust down firmly in your dish with your hands. (Crust is now done.)
- 3. Roughly chop two apples, get rid of core/seeds. (Leave one apple alone, OK?)
- 4. Place all filling ingredients (EXCEPT THAT ONE APPLE, LEAVE ONE APPLE ALONE) in the food processor. Process until it's well mixed - a wettish mixture with a few small date chunks or apple peel that might not disappear. (You might have to pause and scrape the sides and then process again.)
- 5. Throw wet appley-mixture into a big bowl.
- 6. Slice the last apple into thin slices or small chunks. Throw these apple slices/chunks into the wet appley mixture. Stir gently.
- 7. Dump appley-mixture (wet + sliced apples) on top of crust. Smooth out with spoon.
- 8. Cover and throw in freezer. Ready in half-an-hour!
- 9. This raw apple pie recipe should always be kept in the freezer. (It'll get soggy if in the fridge.)
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
This is how it works: Just make the crust, press it down into a pan. Then process most of the raw apple pie filling, then slice the remaining apple. Stir together the appley-mixture and the sliced apple. Dump the appley-stuff on top of the crust, spread it out. Cover and throw this raw apple pie recipe in the freezer.
The presentation is "okay" and not something that I would serve to impress a stranger or my boss, but it's great for a family dessert that tastes great and satisfies that craving for apple pie - raw style!
When inventing this raw apple pie recipe, I used Granny Smith crisp green apples. You can use whatever medium/largish apples you have on hand. I do NOT peel any of the apples, don't bother.
Your easy raw apple pie will keep in the freezer for about a week.
Tip: Make the crust first and then the filling right after. (This way you don't have to wash the food processor twice!)
Tip: For the crust, if you don't have cashews you could use pecans (or walnuts) instead for the crust. (But cashews have the most neutral flavour.)
Tip: You can stir 1 tbsp raisins into the wet appley-mixture like I did in the photo above :)
- This recipe is very low in Calories, Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Protein, Dietary Fiber, Iron, and Vitamin B6.
Printable Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes