Best raw chocolate cookies
Prep Time10 min
Total Time10 min
Suggested Servings14 servings
Shelf Life5 days in fridge
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1 cup dates
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1. Process almonds and cashews in a food processor until they (almost) resemble flour. Add dates, agave nectar, coconut oil and vanilla. Process until well mixed and doughlike.
- 2. Add the cocoa powder and sea salt and process again.
- 3. Form into cookies. You can refrigerate and eat as is, or dehydrate them for a few hours for a warm, gooey fudgy experience!
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
These are the best raw chocolate cookies that I've ever had. It's a bit touch and go whether they even need to be dehydrated at all, since the batter is quite dry and conceivably you can form them into cookies and eat as is or refrigerate so that they firm up even more. But when dehydrated for a few hours they get gooey and warm and they're so good! They will never get crispy though (due to the coconut oil), so if dehydrating don't bother dehydrating for more than a few hours.
This recipe does require a number of ingredients, unlike this simple lemon cookie recipe. But the flavor is worth it, because sometimes you just need that chocolatey fix.
I especially recommend eating these cookies warm. The insides are gooey and fudgey while the outside is kind of crispy. It's a perfect fix if you're missing the comfort and flavour of fresh-baked cookies!
If you're looking to really replicate a delicious, fatty-tasting cookie, make sure to add the coconut oil. It really makes or breaks these raw chocolate fudge cookies.
- This recipe is very low in Calories, Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Protein, Dietary Fiber, Iron, Riboflavin, and Vitamin E.
Printable Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes