Raw pumpkin puree recipe
Prep Time10 min
Total Time10 min
Shelf Life3 days in fridge
Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
YieldYields 2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1. Place all ingredients in blender.
- 2. Blend until pureed!
- 3. Use your pumpkin puree immediately or store in fridge in a tightly sealed container for up to 3 days.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
This pumpkin puree is useful to have in the fridge around the holidays. I've used it to create raw pumpkin crumble and raw pumpkin fudge, just to name a few of the raw recipes that I've whipped up with this pumpkin puree.
An important note about selecting your pumpkin. Do not use the large pumpkins that are sold at grocery stores for carving. Instead, use a "sugar pumpkin" or a "pie pumpkin," which are generally sold (during autumn) at your local grocery store in the produce section for baking. "Pie" or "sugar" pumpkins are much smaller, sweeter, softer and less fibrous since they are grown for cooking/flavor as opposed to grown for size. If you're not sure, just ask someone working in the produce department at your local grocery store for a pumpkin that is sold to be eaten!
To prep the pumpin, I chopped the pumpkin in half, scraped out the seeds and chopped it into small pieces. I did not bother to peel it, I just blended the pieces of pumpkin peel and all.
Also, you will need a high-speed blender to adequately blend this recipe since the pumpkin can be tough.
- This recipe is very low in Calories, Fat, Carbohydrates, Sodium, Saturated Fat, Monounsaturated Fat, and Polyunsaturated Fat.
- This recipe is a good source of Vitamin A.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Dietary Fiber.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes