Raw candy pops recipe
Posted in: Raw Chocolates, Balls and Candies
1. Place dried, shredded coconut in food processor. Process for a couple of minutes. (It will seem like the coconut is too dry and you will want to add liquid. DON'T DO IT! Just keep processing. Eventually it will start to cling together and get oily-ish!)
2. Once it starts to get quite moist, add all remaining ingredients and process again until almost similar in texture to wet oily peanut butter! Or hummus! You know, all wet! (Or perhaps not QUITE as wet as hummus or PB, a bit crumblier than that, but it should definitely be moist and not grainy at all.)
3. Spoon your crazy white mixture into whatever candy molds you want and PRESS DOWN FIRMLY WITH YOUR HANDS.
4. Place in freezer for at least 60 minutes. (They will harden when frozen)
5. Store your raw candy pops in the freezer at all times since they will melt in room temperature.
The Rawtarian's Thoughts
Yes friends, it's raw Halloween candy for the spooky season! Since these will melt at room temperature they aren't an option to give out as trick-or-treats, but they will be tasty to nibble on while you're doling out treats to the children at the door!
Don't fear though (fear, get it? Aaha, yes, I am punny around the holidays!), if you don't have a fancy ghosty chocolate lolly mold, you can make this recipe in a big dish instead (similar to my raw white chocolate recipe) and then break the candy into pieces for a less spooktastic experience. But the flavor will be the same :) And as for the flavor, it has a very sweet, almost white-chocolate flavor. It does have a coconutty taste, but for me it leans more towards white chocolate than coconut, in my opinion.
I had fun making these little guys for a raw Halloween treat. I am not normally into novelty items like this, but I was suddenly struck with the Halloween spirit this year!
Your raw recipe package has been sent to your email
Be sure to check your spam or bulk mail folders if you can't find your package. Enjoy your raw adventure!