Raw buttery popcorn recipe
Prep Time10 min
Total Time10 min
Shelf LifeEat immediately
Rating4.4/5 (from 10 ratings)4.4
- 1. Break up an entire head of cauliflower into florets. Your sizes will vary, but think popcorn sized. :) Place florets into a huge bowl.
- 2. Place all remaining ingredients on top of the cauliflower florets and stir gently and for quite a while to ensure that all of the florets are coated with the craycray delicious flavours.
- 3. Line two dehydrator trays with parchment paper. Gently place the coated florets onto the parchment-paper lined trays.
- 4. Dehydrate for an hour on high (140 degrees F). Then lower the temperature to 110F for another 8-10 hours. Florets will crisp up and shrink about half in size.
- 5. Eat immediately, preferably in front of the TV while watching a good movie!
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
These are cauliflower cheesy popcorn craziness that explode in your mouth with fabulous popcorn and cheesy and buttery flavor.
If you're not sure how long to dehydrate these for, best to opt for "over-drying" versus "under-drying." They are more popcorn-like the drier they are. In this picture they still have some moisture left in them because I couldn't wait for them to finish before eating! I like it when they are super small and dried out best, though.
It's best to eat these immediately because they will lose their crispness quite quickly (because they will absorb the moisture in the air).
PS: These also taste really good undehydrated, so feel free to make them and eat them totally raw (undehydrated). They taste different, but still good.
PPS: This recipe is dedicated to Gail B. who first introduced me to the idea of making cauliflower popcorn. Mwaw!
PPPS: Nice pics, huh??? I got the little popcorn container and everything. That's how much I wanted to share this recipe with you!
- This recipe is very low in Calories, Fat, and Carbohydrates.
- This recipe provides you with 100% of your daily Vitamin C, Riboflavin, and Vitamin B6.
- This recipe is a good source of Vitamin K.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Protein, and Dietary Fiber.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes