Raw sesame seed bar recipe
Prep Time10 min
Total Time1 hour 10 min
Shelf Life1 week in freezer
- 2 cups sesame seeds
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried, shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal (ground flax seeds)
- 1/2 cup tahini (a nut butter)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1. Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir.
- 2. Add remaining ingredients and stir gently with a spoon.
- 3. Press mixture FIRMLY down into a large dish. (I use a large brownie pan.)
- 4. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- 5. Bars should always be kept in the freezer and eaten when chilled.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
Gotta love this no-equipment-required recipe! Just mix in a bowl, press down into a pan and freeze.
Lately I've been eyeing up some gourmet sesame seed bars at the grocery store and wanting a similar chewy texture. Well, I've replicated it myself! Nomnomnom.
There are a number of critical ingredients in this recipe. The sesame seeds are important because they lend that chewy texture, the ground flaxseed (AKA flaxmeal) is important because it holds the bars together, the tahini (or another nut butter) is important because it provides creaminess, and the coconut oil is important because it semi-hardens the bar in the freezer.
But feel free to substitute different dried fruit for the raisins, and instead of coconut you could use hempseed hearts or just substitute even more sesame seeds. As for sweeteners, I've made these with maple syrup, but feel free to substitute with agave nectar or honey.
The only problem with this recipe is that they are so tasty they may spoil your dinner!
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Calories.
- This recipe is a good source of Protein, Calcium, and Iron.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Dietary Fiber, Riboflavin, and Vitamin B6.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes