Raw chocolate mousse recipe
Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
Prep Time5 min
Total Time5 min
Suggested Servings4 servings
Shelf Life3 days in fridge
- 1 large avocado
- 1 banana
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons honey, agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1. Place all ingredients in food processor. Process until extremely smooth. (You can't over-process this one, so do keep going until it's perfectly mousse-like!)
- 2. Spoon mousse into individual dishes and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before eating.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
What makes this raw chocolate mousse recipe so special? The addition of avocado gives it that fluffy, mousse-like texture. And to get the full effect of the texture, you'll want to refrigerate it for at least 1 hour before noshing on it!
Note that the coconut oil is an important ingredient - it's what helps the mousse harden up a bit in the fridge.
Because this is such a small recipe, it whips up best when made in a food processor.
For extra flavor and fun, add fresh berries to your mousse when eating!
PS: Make sure your banana and avocado are fresh and at the peak of perfection.
- This recipe is very low in Calories, Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Dietary Fiber, Riboflavin, and Vitamin B6.
Printable Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes