Raw chocolate chia pudding recipe
Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
Prep Time5 min
Total Time3 hours 5 min
Suggested Servings4 servings
Shelf Life3 days in fridge
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons honey or other liquid sweetener
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup chia seeds -reserve!
- 1. Blend cashews and water until nice and smooth.
- 2. Add everything else (except the chia seeds). Blend again.
- 3. Place the chia seeds in a bowl. Add the blended mixture. Stir thoroughly to ensure the chia seeds are well distributed.
- 4. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for at least 1 hour - ideally longer). (The purpose for refrigerating is to allow the chia seeds to plump up over time. They will increase approximately 10 times their size! And they will thicken the pudding in a few hours.)
- 5. Eat in the morning or for dessert in the evening! Stir well again before eating.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
Another chia pudding recipe for you! And this one has a how-to tutorial to match :)
This is a delicious raw chocolate chia pudding recipe. If you get the ratios right, it tastes like melted chocolate ice cream.
If you have trouble finding chia seeds in your local community, try requesting that your local health store bring them in. They can also be ordered online here.
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates.
- This recipe is low in Calories, and Sodium.
- This recipe is a good source of Protein, Dietary Fiber, and Iron.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Calcium, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin K.
Printable Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes