Raw chocolates recipe
Prep Time5 min
Total Time1 hour 5 min
Shelf Life1 week in freezer
Rating4.5/5 (from 18 ratings)4.5
Yield10 small chocolates
- 1. If coconut oil is hard/solid place it oil in a bowl. Then place bowl inside a BIGGER bowl that is filled with hot water so that it will melt. Don't mix them together, though! You just want to liquify the pure coconut oil for use in this raw chocolates recipe.
- 2. Blend all raw chocolates recipe ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Must use a blender!! (Hand mixing or whisking will not be enough to properly combine the ingredients.)
- 3. As fast as you can, place chocolate mixture in chocolate molds to be set in the freezer (or pour into a small glass baking dish to set in the fridge until set). Do not let it sit! (Ingredients will seperate if you are too slow.)
- 4. Freeze for at least 3 hours (ideally longer).
- 4. Once frozen, enjoy! (If not using molds, cut into bars after they are solidly frozen.)
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
These raw chocolates are super easy to make and all you need is a blender and a freezer.
Your chocolates must be kept in the freezer all the time, otherwise they will melt :)
I recently updated the photography for this recipe. I used these adorable little silicone chocolate molds to get such cute little chocolate squares. They turned out perfectly!
Also, in the pictures you can see there is some discoloration from where the coconut oil seperated a little bit. Don't sweat it, they still taste to die for.
Lastly, you can definitely halve this recipe for a smaller batch.
Tip: You must be ready to pour these into your molds immediately after blending! Do not let the recipe sit at all, or it will separate. Speed is of the essence!
This simple raw chocolates recipe was contributed by my good friend Ashley Kent. Please visit her and like her Raw and Radiant Facebook page for raw love and more simple, raw recipes like this raw chocolates recipe!
Ashley's tip for an even better raw chocolates recipe:
"You can also add in chopped almonds, pecans, coconuts, goji berries, raisins or which ever else your heart desires."
Doesn't this raw chocolate recipe sound easy and fabulous? And what a perfect way to keep instant sugar-fixes on hand for those emergency moments. Thank you, Ashley, for this delicious, simple raw chocolates recipe. Enjoy!
- This recipe is very low in Calories, Carbohydrates, Sodium, Monounsaturated Fat, and Polyunsaturated Fat.
- This recipe is a good source of Riboflavin.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes