Raw mashed potatoes recipe
Rating4.5/5 (from 2 ratings)4.5
Prep Time5 min
Total Time5 min
Suggested Servings4 servings
Shelf Life2 days in fridge
- 3 cups cauliflower (chopped)
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1. Place all mashed potato ingredients into a food processor.
- 2. Process until creamy and smooth, similar in texture to the attached pictures. (Although you may be tempted to do so, do not add any additional liquid other than the 2 tablespoons of water. Also, if it seems difficult to process at the beginning, you may need to stop and scrape the sides a few times to help get it started.)
- 3. Enjoy your raw mashed potatoes!
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
A dollop of raw mashed "potatoes" on your plate turns an everyday meal into a festive feast! And, yes, that's cauliflower masquerading as potatoes since eating raw potatoes is a no-no. :)
This is a simple cauliflower-based mashed potato recipe that adds a nice heartiness to a fresh meal.
Use these raw mashed 'taters as part of a holiday feast or just treat yourself with a nice hearty serving of mashed potatoes for a fun weeknight dinner. I recently enjoyed these mashed cauliflower-based "potatoes" with a large green salad and traditional style corn (just chop some raw corn off a cob and you've got a side-serving of corn)--served all on one plate I felt like I was at Grandma's -- raw style of course!
- This recipe is very low in Calories, and Carbohydrates.
- This recipe is low in Sodium.
- This recipe is a good source of Protein, Iron, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin K.
Printable Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes