Raw tomato sauce recipe
Prep Time4 min
Total Time4 min
Shelf Life3 days in fridge
Rating5/5 (from 7 ratings)5
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (chopped and pre-soaked in olive oil)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil (or dried oregano)
- 1/2 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1. Place all raw tomato sauce recipe ingredients into food processor.
- 2. Pulse briefly to incorporate all tomato sauce ingredients. (Do not over-process, it's nice to leave this raw recipe a bit chunky.)
- 3. Serve.
- 4. Store leftover raw tomato sauce in the fridge.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
I love using this raw tomato sauce recipe as a raw pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce and more! Serve as a raw spaghetti sauce over raw zucchini noodles, chopped cabbage as noodles or raw kelp noodles. This raw tomato sauce recipe can also be used as a raw pizza sauce on top of a raw pizza crust.
This recipe keeps well in the fridge for up to three days.
The sun-dried tomatoes will make or break this recipe. They need to be chopped a bit and soaked in oil to soften them. (I generally always store my sun-dried tomato slices in extra virgin olive oil in a jar in the fridge. It's easiest if they are chopped before soaking in oil, too.)
This is a small batch. However, the flavour of this raw tomato sauce recipe is so strong (thanks to the sundried tomatoes) that a little sauce goes a long way.
- This recipe is very low in Calories, and Carbohydrates.
- This recipe is low in Fat, and Sodium.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Iron, and Vitamin C.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes