Raw asian noodle salad recipe
Prep Time10 min
Total Time10 min
Shelf LifeEat immediately
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (soaked in oil)
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup carrots
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon hempseed hearts (optional as garnish)
- 1 zucchini
- 1. Add cashews and sun-dried tomatoes to your food processor. Pulse to incorporate.
- 2. Now add carrot and chili powder (and optional basil) to the food processor mixture. Process again until smooth, resembling a nut pate.
- 3. To make your noodles, peel your zucchini (remove outer green peel).
- 4. Use a clean vegetable peeler (or a spirooli spiralizer if you have one) to slice zucchini into “noodles.”
- 5. Place the noodles and the sauce into a large bowl and gently stir using two spoons until well combined. Eat immediately.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
These raw Asian-inspired noodles are my live version of one of those instant noodle packs that are popular as instant side-dishes that pack zero nutrition. Plus, I'd argue that my recipe is even quicker to prepare (since you don't have to boil and wait), as long as you have a spiralizer to make your zucchini noodles, that is. (Best investment ever! Besides a Vitamix blender, of course!)
The Asian sauce is a thicker sauce than you might be used to, it's more of a nut pate. But don't worry about it. Just be gentle and thorough when mixing it with your noodles, and the final result will be similar to the photos.
The Asian sauce/pate keeps extremely well in the fridge for up to 3 days. However, zucchini noodles should not be made in advance. So if making in advance, store the sauce in the fridge, and then make your zucchini noodles at the last minute and then assemble. Once assembled, the recipe does not keep well (it'll get soggy).
- This recipe is very low in Calories, Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is a good source of Vitamin B6, and Vitamin A.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Protein, Dietary Fiber, Iron, Vitamin C, Riboflavin, and Vitamin K.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Related To This Recipe
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes