Raw cheesecake recipe
Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
Prep Time15 min
Total Time2 hours 15 min
Suggested Servings20 servings
Shelf Life1 week in freezer
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts (or a combination of walnuts and/or macadamia nuts)
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/4 cup dried, unsweetened coconut
- 1 pinch sea salt
White cheesecake filling ingredients:
- 3 cups cashews
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup agave or honey
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of water, if necessary to facilitate blending. use as little as possible. (optional)
Fruit topping ingredients:
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1. Throw the macadamia nuts, salt and dates into your food processor. (Don't add the coconut!!) Process nuts and dates until well processed but still airy.
- 2. Next, get our your cheesecake pan (or just a basic glass brownie pan if you're like me and don't have fancy cookware) and sprinkle the coconut on the bottom as your very first layer. The point of doing this is to make it so it's easier to remove the cheesecake and the coconut stops the crust from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Then press the macadamia nuts and date mixture down into the pan to form the crust.
- 3. Throw all cream-cheese filling ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend! Add as little water as necessary to facilitate blending. (Try to add as little water as possible.) Pour mixture on top of crust.
- 4. Place the above in freezer for an hour or so (so that it will firm up).
- 5. Meanwhile, throw your strawberries and dates in your high-speed blender. Blend until nice and smooth. Pour this mixture on top of the crust/creamcheese, which was just in the freezer for about an hour. Place the raw cheesecake recipe back in freezer. Freeze until this raw cheesecake recipe reaches the desired consistency (5 hours or so!).
- 6. Defrost this raw cheesecake recipe for about a half-hour before eating (or just slice from freezer and enjoy this delicious raw cheesecake)!
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
This is an awesome raw cheesecake recipe. Will you believe me when I say that it tastes exactly like standard American diet (SAD) cheesecake? No, of course you won't believe me that this raw cheesecake recipe tastes just like the real thing. But it does!!
This is a three-stage process, which is a little more complicated than I normally work. But, it is important to have some kind of fancy dessert in your arsenal to impress the non-raw people in your life. This raw cheesecake recipe does the trick, hands down!
Plus, it's actually not that hard to make. Seriously.
This raw cheesecake recipe just takes three easy steps: crust (easy, throw in food processor and press down into pan); "cream cheese" (easy, throw everything in high-speed blender and pour on top of crust); and sauce (easy, throw everything in high-speed blender and pour on top). Enjoy this raw cheesecake recipe!
This raw cheesecake recipe is very rich, so it can serve, like, 20 people or something crazy like that!
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Calories.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Protein, Iron, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B6.