Raw tuna salad recipe
Posted in: Raw Easy Entrees
1. Soak the nuts in luke-warm water for at least one hour to soften them. Rinse them well and discard all water.
2. Process all of the paste ingredients in a food processor on high until the mixture resembles a very smooth paste. You should not see any nut bits at all. You may need to stop and start and get in there with a spatula.
3. Eat right away or refrigerate to eat later. I prefer to keep the pate separate and I don't add any chunks (onions, celery, etc) until I'm ready to eat.
4. When you're ready to eat, serve your portion in a bowl. Then add some chopped onions, parsley, raw pickles or apples to suit your taste.
5. Enjoy on crackers, on top of a salad, in a nori roll, or more...
The Rawtarian's Thoughts
Raw tuna salad recipes are integral to my raw food recipe arsenal.
Here is my favourite raw food tuna salad recipe.
I like to eat it with a crisp apple, or this mock tuna pate is great as a salad topper, too. Or how about eating it in a nori roll? The possibilities are endless for this mock raw tuna salad.
I make this raw tuna recipe at least once a week. If you need something to take to work for lunch, try packing some raw crackers, a little tupperware of this tuna spread, and a knife. You'll be good to go. If you want, you can leave the garlic out if you want this to be more breath-friendly. (But it really is better with the garlic.)
The dulse (seaweed) is what gives this recipe its tuna-like taste, so don't bother making it unless you have dulse.
Your raw recipe package has been sent to your email
Be sure to check your spam or bulk mail folders if you can't find your package. Enjoy your raw adventure!