Creamy raw fruit chia pudding
Posted in: Raw Puddings and Ice Cream
1/2 cup cashews
1 cup water
3/4 cup berries, such as raspberries, strawberries or blueberries (fresh or frozen are both fine)
3 tablespoons of honey (or agave nectar)
1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
1 vanilla bean (or 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract)
4 tablespoons of chia seeds (Reserve - do not put them in the blender!! Add at end)
1. Throw everything in the blender EXCEPT THE CHIA SEEDS!
2. Blend in a high-speed blender 'til very very well blended. You can't really overblend this, so feel free to go nuts.
3. Place the chia seeds in a large bowl. Slowly pour the blender concoction over the chia seeds, and stir very well.
4. Stir - Probably take the bowl with you in front of the TV and stir for 10 minutes or so. The purpose of all this stirring is to help the chia seeds declump and plump up. Remember, the chia seeds are like tapioca and they will expand in size. Try not to eat too much of the pudding now. Just take a few tiny spoonfulls and that's it!! Don't eat the whole bowl in front of the TV because it gets even better once it's been refrigerated for an hour or two!
4. Refrigerate - Once everything is nicely stirred and there are no clumps, cover and refrigerate for an hour or two. The purpose of doing this is to let the chia seeds plump up over time. You could probably let this chia seed fruit pudding sit on the counter for the same amount of time rather than refrigerate it.
The Rawtarian's Thoughts
Creamy raw fruit chia puddings are yet another vice of mine. In fact, my tummy is full of one right now!
This creamy raw fruit chia pudding is my new favourite chia pudding, which is replacing my old favourite chia pudding recipe (although that one may be an oldie but it's still a goody, too!).
In case you don't know what chia seeds are, they are tiny seeds that plump up like tapioca. By the way, you cannot make this recipe without the chia seeds, so don't substitute anything for the chia seeds!
If you try this recipe please let me know what you think. To me, when I make it with raspberries or strawberries this chia pudding reminds me of melted Neapolitan (strawberry, chocolate, vanilla) ice cream.
Your raw recipe package has been sent to your email
Be sure to check your spam or bulk mail folders if you can't find your package. Enjoy your raw adventure!