Raw crepe recipe
Prep Time5 min
Total Time8 hours 5 min
Shelf Life3 days in fridge
Yield4 dehydrator trays
- 1. Add all 8 bananas to your high-speed blender. Pour in 1/2 cup water.
- 2. Blend on high until very nicely mixed. It will look like a nice, thick smoothie.
- 3. Most likely your dehydrator tray has little holes in it, thus you'll need to either use teflex sheets or parchment paper to line your dehydrator trays. (Do not ever use "wax paper" because the food will stick to it and it'll be a huge disaster.) Pour 1/4 of the recipe on 1 of 4 lined dehydrator trays. The batter should be spread out quite thinly, and be sure to spread out the "batter" thoroughly so that each tray is one big crepe. It's easy, don't worry.
- 4. Dehydrate your raw crepes until they are a lot less liquidy and totally pliable. Dehydration time for this raw crepe recipe varies depending on a gajillion factors, like humidity and temperature. However, to give you some indication, today I dehydrated my raw crepes for 1 hour at 125 degrees, then I lowered to 105 for another 8 hours or so.
- 5. Watch them closely, because you'll want them to be pliable so that you can roll them up! Do not overdry. If you overdry they'll still taste good, but you won't be able to roll them and they'll be kind of crispy and brittle. In order to test them, just try peeling them off the parchment paper or teflex sheet.
- 6. Serve with whatever you like to top your crepes with, for example, you can place a line of fruit dip and top with fresh raspberries, then roll up crepe-style and eat with a knife and fork. Perfect for a gourmet raw breakfast! Pretty sweet though so brace yourself for a sugary breaky!
- This recipe should fill 4 regular dehydryator trays. Thus, it will make 8 crepes. (Just make 4 big crepes and then cut each crepe in half once it's done.)
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
Raw crepes are so gosh darn easy. If you can make a smoothie and if you own a dehydrator then you're all set. They do take some time in the dehydrator though, so they're not instant. :)
You know me and my obsession with the simple. So here's the very first raw crepe recipe that I made as a raw vegan. I love this raw crepe recipe because it's just fruit and water. Easy! Basically, all you have to do is make a banana smoothie and throw it into the dehydrator. And it always turns out well, too.
You can serve your raw crepes about a thousand great ways. Like, you can make a sweet cashew cream (also called raw fruit dip) and top with fruit then roll.
Note that your crepes are already really sweet due to the bananas, so you might want to top with tart, sharp fruits like raspberries with a bit of lemon squeezed on top. Or more sweetness is fine too :)
- This recipe is very low in Calories, Fat, and Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Carbohydrates.
- This recipe is a good source of Vitamin B6.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, and Riboflavin.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes