Raw cashew butter recipe
Posted in: Raw Nut Milks and Nut Butters
2 cups cashews
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup dried, shredded coconut
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
Tiny sprinkle salt
1. Add all raw cashew butter recipe ingredients to high-speed blender.
2. Blend for a long time until very smooth. If the whole mixture seems to be stagnant (not moving) but the blades are still running, do this. Stop blending (turn it OFF!), once blades are not moving anymore slide a spatula down the side of mixture to create an air pocket right down to the blades, then blend again from LOW slowly accelerating to HIGH.
3. You'll know that your raw cashew butter is done when it resembles smooth peanut butter or tahini (if you have a high-speed blender, that is).
The Rawtarian's Thoughts
This raw cashew butter recipe is very useful to have in the fridge in a tupperware container. It doesn't taste that fabulous on its own, but it's handy to have available in the fridge.
It has a subtly sweet flavor, but it can also be added to savory recipes too since it's not overly sweet. It's very versatile.
Here are some examples of uses for this raw cashew butter recipe:
- Throw some thawed raspberries in a bowl, add a dollop of raw cashew butter on top for a "raspberries and cream effect."
- Make raw tomato soup in your blender and add a small dollop of raw cashew butter on top for visual effect and extra calories.
- Place a small portion (a few tablespoons) of raw cashew butter in a bowl. Add some savory spices, like onion powder and fresh dill, then mix together. Use as a sweet/savory cheese-style spread on top of raw crackers. Or use as a single-serve portion of dip.
- Place a small portion (a few tablespoons) of raw cashew butter in a bowl. Add some curry powder and ginger for a curry coconut spread.
- Place a small portion (a few tablespoons) of raw cashew butter in a bowl. Add some cocoa powder and your favorite raw sweetener for a small chocolatey bowl.
Another nice thing about this raw cashew butter recipe is that it tastes okay, but it is not super exciting as a base... Therefore you are more likely to actually keep it around rather than gobble it up in one fell swoop!
Your raw recipe package has been sent to your email
Be sure to check your spam or bulk mail folders if you can't find your package. Enjoy your raw adventure!