Raw sweet bread recipe
Posted in: Dehydrated Raw Sweets
1. Add all ingredients to food processor EXCEPT RAISINS, PSYLLIUM HUSK AND FLAXSEED MEAL. Process very well.
2. Add raisins. Pulse again until raisins are well distributed but raisins still looked like raisins :)
3. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Add psyllium husk and flaxseed meal. Stir well.
4. Form into two small loaves.
5. Dehydrate for 1 hour on high - then reduce to 110 degrees for another few hours (perhaps 5). These actually dehydrate pretty fast! You can nibble them as they firm up. Pull out when you want to eat them - I like them still a bit moist inside.
The Rawtarian's Thoughts
Since I recently discovered the beauty of psyllium husk, which allows you to dehydrate soft, moist raw breads, I have been loving this! It tastes almost exactly like a raw version of manna bread - if you've ever had that before :) But basically, it tastes like a nice spicy orange flavoured loaf of sweet bread - kind of like cinnamon raisin bread.
This raw sweet bread is delicious on its own, like a little slice of hearty sweet cake. Or served with a nice sweet cashew spread (heavenly!) or spread with your favorite sweetener or nut butter (like honey/agave nectar or almond butter). Mmm!
The psyllium husk is what makes this recipe moist and soft and light - like bread. DO NOT MAKE THIS RAW SWEET BREAD RECIPE UNLESS YOU HAVE PSYLLIUM HUSK. Sorry for yelling but I am serious :)
This picture shows one small loaf chopped up into small slices of sweet bread. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Store them as loaves - then slice as needed before eating :)
Your raw recipe package has been sent to your email
Be sure to check your spam or bulk mail folders if you can't find your package. Enjoy your raw adventure!