Raw porridge recipe
Posted in: Raw Breakfasts
1/3 cup chia seeds (ground AKA milled)
2/3 cup water
1 tablespoon raisins
1 tablespoon dried shredded coconut
1 teaspoon honey
Optional: pumpkin seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds, etc.
1. Put chia seeds in bowl. Add water. Stir thoroughly RIGHT AWAY otherwise it'll clump up.
2. Add honey and coconut and mix more with your spoon. Chia seeds will absorb a lot of water really fast and thicken up.
3. Add anything else you want, like 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, a few almonds, 1/2 tablespoon sunflower seeds etc. Just for taste and to give it some excitement.
4. By now your raw chia porridge should be pretty thick.
5. For extra pleasure, top your raw porridge with cashew milk and fresh or thawed blueberries.
The Rawtarian's Thoughts
Raw porridge is a perfect way to start your morning! It's great because it's super quick - think 4 minutes or less.
PS: "Milled" just means ground. If you have a clean coffee grinder that you use for nut and seed grinding you can mill your own. But you can buy pre-milled chia seeds too. If you can only have one type on hand I'd go for whole chia seeds.
Enjoy your raw porridge for breakfast and let me know what you think!
Your raw recipe package has been sent to your email
Be sure to check your spam or bulk mail folders if you can't find your package. Enjoy your raw adventure!