Raw superfood brownies
Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
Prep Time5 min
Total Time1 hour 5 min
Suggested Servings12 servings
Shelf Life5 days in fridge
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 1/4 cups dates
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup goji berries (or raw cacao nibs or other chunky superfood substitute) (reserve)
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts (or chia seeds in a pinch) (reserve)
- 1. Place sunflower seeds in food processor. Process into a fine meal, might be slightly grainy.
- 2. Add cashews and continue to process into a fine meal.
- 3. Add dates a few at a time and continue processing until the dates are well processed and the mixture resembles a coarse cookie dough. You should barely be able to recognize the dates or seeds/nuts, everything should look small and crumbly.
- 4. Add the cacao, coconut, coconut oil, vanilla extract, sea salt, and the tiny dash of cayenne pepper. Process again until everything is well distributed and fine. The cacao should have made everything look dark chocolatey color, and the mixture should still resemble slightly crumbly cookie dough and should stick together when you pinch it between your fingers.
- 5. Dump mixture into a big mixing bowl. Add the goji berries, hemp hearts. Mix with a spoon until superfoods are well distributed. Taste test. Not sweet enough? Add optional sweetener and mix again with your spoon.
- 6. Dump superfood brownie mixture into two square glass pans or pie plates or brownie dishes.
- 7. With clean hands. press mixture down into pans so that mixture will stick together and will resemble brownies or squares.
- 8. Ideally, you will now refrigerate them right away for at least an hour minimum. (This will make them easier to slice.)
- 9. Enjoy these raw superfood brownies!
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
The chocolatey flavor and a little bit of satisfying crunch combine to make these the perfect raw dessert recipe of all time.
I don't really believe in the crazy power of superfoods and I don't use them very often--mostly because they are so expensive. But it is fun to add some variety to recipes by adding some extraordinary ingredients like hemp hearts and goji berries on occasion. The below raw brownie recipe does call for some exotic (AKA expensive!) ingredients. If you're on a budget or don't have them in the house, you can omit the goji berries and the hemp hearts, and the recipe will still come out fine but it just won't be a superfoody or as crunchy :)
This is a pretty easy raw superfood brownie recipe. Just process most of the ingredients in a food processor, then mix in the goji berries, hemp hearts (and optional additional sweetener) by hand. Then press into two glass brownie dishes and refrigerate.
- This recipe is very low in Calories, Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Fat.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Protein, Dietary Fiber, Iron, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin E.
Printable Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes