Raw taco meat recipe
Prep Time5 min
Total Time5 min
Shelf Life4 days in fridge
Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
- 1. If you are using dry sundried tomatoes, soak your sundried tomatoes for at least one hour. Drain and pat dry before using. (If your sun-dried tomatoes are packed in oil you don't need to do this.)
- 2. Simply add all ingredients to the food processor and blend until it become the consistency of the photo above.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
This raw taco meat recipe has been an excellent, hearty base and my husband loves it--more than I do, even.
I often spread this recipe on romaine lettuce, and I top it with tomatoes and fresh sprouts. Sprouted adzuki beans go surprisingly well with this recipe. It's a perfect addition to a raw meal because it adds a heartiness and depth that's hard to get on a raw food diet.
I have been a vegetarian since 2001. Once I went vegetarian I immediately replaced meat with soy products.
One of the most difficult parts of my transition to the raw lifestyle has been to give up the soy and tofu products that were staples in my husband's and my diet.
As you can tell by the ingredients, this raw taco meat recipe is quite small. Double up as necessary. I seem to like small recipes because I am thrifty and I want to try a small batch before I invest 2 cups of this or that into a recipe that doesn't turn out well.
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Protein, Iron, and Vitamin B6.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes