Raw superfood brownies
Posted in: Raw Cakes, Cookies and Bars
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup cashews
2 1/4 cup dates
1/2 cup raw cacao
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Reserve: 1/4 cup goji berries (or raw cacao nibs or other chunky superfood substitute)
Reserve: 1/4 cup hemp hearts (or chia seeds in a pinch)
1. Place sunflower seeds in food processor. Process into a fine meal, might be slightly grainy.
2. Add cashews and continue to process into a fine meal.
3. Add dates a few at a time and continue processing until the dates are well processed and the mixture resembles a coarse cookie dough. You should barely be able to recognize the dates or seeds/nuts, everything should look small and crumbly.
4. Add the cacao, coconut, coconut oil, vanilla extract, sea salt, and the tiny dash of cayenne pepper. Process again until everything is well distributed and fine. The cacao should have made everything look dark chocolatey color, and the mixture should still resemble slightly crumbly cookie dough and should stick together when you pinch it between your fingers.
5. Dump mixture into a big mixing bowl. Add the goji berries, hemp hearts. Mix with a spoon until superfoods are well distributed. Taste test. Not sweet enough? Add optional sweetener and mix again with your spoon.
6. Dump superfood brownie mixture into two square glass pans or pie plates or brownie dishes.
7. With clean hands. press mixture down into pans so that mixture will stick together and will resemble brownies or squares. You should be able to cut this with a knife and they stick together very nicely. Eat right away and store leftovers in refrigerator.
Enjoy these raw superfood brownies!
The Rawtarian's Thoughts
This raw recipe is my regular simple raw brownie recipe on steroids superfoods!
I don't really believe in the crazy power of superfoods and I don't use them very often--mostly because they are so expensive. But it is fun to add some variety to recipes by adding some extraordinary ingredients like hemp hearts and goji berries on occasion. The below raw brownie recipe does call for some exotic (AKA expensive!) ingredients. If you're on a budget or don't have them in the house, you can omit the goji berries and the hemp hearts, and the recipe will still come out fine but it just won't be a superfoody :)
This is a pretty easy raw superfood brownie recipe. Just process most of the ingredients in a food processor, then mix in the goji berries, hemp hearts (and optional additional sweetener) by hand. Then press into two glass brownie dishes and refrigerate.
Your raw recipe package has been sent to your email
Be sure to check your spam or bulk mail folders if you can't find your package. Enjoy your raw adventure!