1. Wash your zucchini and cut ends off. (Peeling not necessary.)
2. Slice your zucchinis into thin slices using a mandolin slicer. This is a finicky recipe and it will only work if you use a mandolin slicer. You are making thin chips here.
3. Place sliced zucchini slices onto a dehydrator sheet covered with parchment paper (do not put oil or salt or anything on the slices.)
4. Dehydrate! Dehydrate on high for one hour, then reduce heat to 115 degrees. Dehydrate until they are dry (approx 24 hours). You will know that they are ready once they are crispy!
5. Before eating, place chips in a ziploc bag. Sprinkle a tiny bit of olive oil (add way less than you think you will need, it only takes a tiny splash to coat them well, and you don't want to over-oil them) in the sac. Shake and squish a bit inside the sac to distribute the oil. Once the oil is well distributed on the raw zucchini chips, add a bit of sea salt and any other flavoring that you like.
Eat immediately! They don't keep well once you've seasoned them with the oil and spices, so... eat immediately.
Also, they will lose their crispiness once they are stored so that's another reason why they should be consumed immediately.
The Rawtarian's Thoughts
The hardest part about this raw zucchini chips recipe is owning a mandoline slicer.
If you do not have one put it on your to-buy list for the next time you go to a big box store, like Wal-Mart or Target. They are inexpensive. I just bought mine recently for $19.
I am so glad I bought one and I don't know why I didn't do it sooner!
Your raw recipe package has been sent to your email
Be sure to check your spam or bulk mail folders if you can't find your package. Enjoy your raw adventure!