Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How Long Can I Live On Just Juices

I'd like to ask how many days can a person go only on green juices? Can I leave indefinitely on juices?

Thank You :)

Comments

• I wouldn't suggest it. And, out of curiosity- why would you want to live on juice indefinately? Please be careful, your post makes me wonder if you have a eating disorder. Personally, I would only juice fast for a few days at most. Definately not forever!

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

no your teeth and gums will become weak from disuse and can rot/fall out. As long as you are getting your calories, you can go for about 100 days on just juice. check out juicefeasting.com

• if you also have hemp or flax oil, you can go around 92-100 days and still feel vibrant. after that, it isnt optimal. you also have to be careful because you become very sensitive afterwards, so be aware. if youre not 100% and willing to partake in enemas or colon hydrotherapy, it's probably not recommended.

• malchusmommalchusmom Raw Newbie

That was a very good question and very good answers,i once wonder that. =-)

• Read 80/10/10 by Dr. Graham and Green for Life by Boutenko. You don't want to live on juices alone. Enjoy fresh fruits and green smoothies, and plenty of carrot, fruit and green juices in there, too. Live it up, the idea you have that you can maintain a green juice only diet is unrealistic for long term (fine short term for juice cleansing), and you'll end up reverting to unhealthy foods if you restrict yourself so drastically for long periods of time. Even while juice cleansing, I recommend veg and fruit juices, not just green juices.

• monikarmonikar Raw Newbie
    Hi everyone. I see there are different opinions among you all. I am plant based for years but because of surgery complications I stopped eating almost entirely.If I eat, even if it's just fruit- I get fissures and abscesses in places you don't want to hear about. So I am interested in juicing for life so I can give my intestines and the other place a rest and myself a rest from constant throbbing pain. So the general gist I get from reading your opinions is you cant live on juices alone for more than about a year. Did anyone try? Which combs fruit and veg would you recommend to make juices super nutritious 'food'?
    ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master
    monikar said:
    Hi everyone. I see there are different opinions among you all. I am plant based for years but because of surgery complications I stopped eating almost entirely.If I eat, even if it's just fruit- I get fissures and abscesses in places you don't want to hear about. So I am interested in juicing for life so I can give my intestines and the other place a rest and myself a rest from constant throbbing pain. So the general gist I get from reading your opinions is you cant live on juices alone for more than about a year. Did anyone try? Which combs fruit and veg would you recommend to make juices super nutritious 'food'?

Welcome to the community :)

I think we can get away with a lot when it comes to smoothies (and juicing to a lesser degree). Just make sure the ingredients are nutrient-packed and ones that agree with you. 

• ray4boatray4boat Raw Newbie

I am on day 25 of fasting cold pressed juice only. I use SUJA brand I buy at Sam's club 59 ounces for $8.88. You can also buy 10 ounce SUJA at Walmart superstores for about $3.00. I also take many vitimin and other supplements. I have lost 36 lbs and feel great ! I also take lemon water when thirsty and 10 ounces of fresh squeezed OJ in the mornings.

TammiTrue
  • TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

I second the importance of vitamins and supplements. Also, fiber is important too!