Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Join Us! Raw for 31 Days

Comments

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

You guys rock!

• Didn't get a chance to post yesterday but I had on-

DAY 3

Bananas-1600g

Carrot/Apple Juice-5 cups

Grapes- 1150g

Calories- around 2800 (not sure about the juice)

Carbs/Pro/Fat Ratio- 92/4/4

Keep Rawkiing guys. We can do this. It's just 28 days more.

• I am jealous of all of the fruit being consumed. I was going to start my month of 100% raw with a water fast to give my body a break and I have done one day so far. It was surprisingly easy and I really enjoyed getting lots of work done without the distraction of food. I'm going to try and carry on with this today but I have just found out that my grandparents are visiting which means family meal time :s If I have to eat something I'm going to just have whatever is raw on the table (luckily my family are quite healthy) but I really want to continue with my water fast, I'm enjoying it. My mum understands raw but I think she'd start to worry if I said I was fasting, and my grandparents would certainly go crazy. We'll see how it goes.

• ^ oh dear I can see potatoes and red cabbage going into the oven, it's not fair why did we have to have a big cooked family meal today when I'm trying to stay raw :(

• Hello!

TOday is full moon so I'll have monomeals, like a fruit feasting all day. I do that on full moon and new moon, which means one each 2 weeks. Its kinda cleaning my body!

So I'll have fresh watermelon today. I had peanuts yesterday and I felt so bad eating them, even if raw and all. Maybe I ate too much and my body wasn't use to eat that much fat at the same time??!! :P

• SimplyRawesomeSimplyRawesome Raw Jr. Leader

Oopsie, I forgot to post Day 3's food consumption! My bad.

1-1/2 quarts of Green Smoothie (Almond Milk, Red Grapes, Orange, Carrots, Peach, Strawberries, Broccoli, Spinach, Pineapple, Banana)

Buckwheat bars

1/2 Pineapple

1/3 Watermelon

Goji Slice bites

Raw Potato Chips

Salad (Romaine, Red & Yellow Peppers, Broccoli, Green Onion, Tomato, Cukes, Walnuts, Sunflower & Pumpkin Seeds, Raisins, Carrots) I ran out of regular Flaxseed Oil, so I used Balsamic Vinegarette instead.

Cacao Brownie bites. These turned out to be really good. Sure wish I could remember which recipe I used!

Bottle alkaline water

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

I have new outlook on my diet. Yesterday, we had to take my dad to the hospital because he couldn't move his neck and his blood pressure was very high. The doctors are still running tests, but I just kept thinking of how the food he eats contributed to this. I'm so worried about him and don't ever want my kids (if I ever have them) to see me in the hospital. So from now on, I'm really going to think about what I put into my body : )

So far today, I've had...

smoothie of 3 bananas, 2 mangoes, and 1 box of blackberries

salad of 10 or so cups of spinach, 1 avocado, chopped onion, plum tomato, green pepper, broccoli, and lemon juice. i could probably eat this salad every day for the rest of my life and be totally content!

• I ended up having:

Green salad with lots of herbs, fresh figs, cucumber, half an avocado and olive oil.

3 dates

1 small banana with a little raw almond butter

A bowl of raspberries, grapes, blueberries and fig slices with a touch of cayenne pepper.

Yum, I'm going to try and eat more simply tomorrow though.

• Violet, you did great! Congrats!

AVL, I admire your decision to not go. In the end you have to do what's best for your health.

DAY 4

Figs- 600g

Bananas- 1550g

Pears- 450g

Grapes- 600g

Calories- 2486

Carbs/Pro/Fat Ratio- 93/4/3

Usually weekends are hardest on me but I did good and I'm ready for the coming week.

If anyone's having problems, just do what you're comfortable with, be it 60%, 75, 80,90, whatever is best for you at this stage of your journey. If you're doing all raw and you fall, then just pick yourself up, shake it off and let's plough forward again. There's really no failure in Raw unless you stop trying. You just get more experience. Hang in there!

• the59soundthe59sound Raw Newbie

Atleast 20 bananas plus a banana date smoothie with 8 bananas and 10 dates. Finishing up 2 pounds of spinach atm.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Thanks for the support Ultrasaurus! It was a little selfish of me not to go to my friend's birthday dinner, but I wanted to avoid all the stresses of food.

So today I ate:

1h30min cardio

Breakfast: Smoothie with 3 bananas, 1 cup blueberries & 5 strawberries

Lunch: 1/2 large cantaloupe, 1/2 honeydew melon, 1/4 watermelon

Snack: 2 large apples

Dinner: Mashed carrots & cauliflower (2 carrots & 2 cups of cauliflower with parlsey, hot peppers, green onions)

Salad with 1/2 cucumber, 1 tomato, 1 red pepper, alfalfa sprouts, wtih Braggs

A few Tbsp of pomegranate for dessert to get a sweet taste in my mouth

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

I am so in. I've been whating to long to do this so I'm taking the blunge.

starting tonight.

• I am starting today, a bit late but the weekend was a bit of a wash out.

Had a melon, spinish and sprilina smoothy this am, an apple and just had my lunch juice. I will have another juice tonight.

K

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

It's raining today. :( No matter what though I am determined to go for my swim!! No excuses. I always feel so good after my swim.

Day 4 went really well! My mom decided to join me in banning coffee from her diet and she is restricting my brother. He can only have one coffee a week, and it can't be a large, it has to be regular sized. Poor kid is starting to have withdrawal symptoms.

Day 4:

3 cups green juice (kale/apple/lemon/ginger/spirulina)

2 cups chopped Organic Georgia peach

A HUGE salad (3 cups romaine, 1 cup of alfalfa sprouts, green & purple cabbage, broccoli, peas, tomato, cucumber, red onion, and some marinated artichoke hearts w/a sprinkle of sesame oil, lemon, real salt, and black pepper)

a quart of smoothie (3 mangos, 4 bananas, a handful of blueberries, raw honey, maca, cinnamon, and vanilla)

The mangos have so much water in them (plus I just bought a Vitamix a couple weeks ago) that I don't use water in my smoothies, it makes them really creamy! Yummy! :)

• Rawaholic, I saw that you were eating these (OMG SO GOOD!!!) zapote. I eat each day cuz I'm so addict and I can find everywhere, i'm in central america.

I recommand you to have raw bread with zapote on top, but when he's very sweet. It taste like heaven I swear!!!

So far today I had soaked oatmeal with zapote and 2 bananas, with raw cacao powder and cinnamon. I also had a coffee..! But it's only like 8 am. Because I get up at 5-something I already had breakfast and stuff..

I plan to have a huge banana-spinach-watermelon smoothie for snach and lunch.

Have a good day everyone!

• Hey Everyone! Glad everyone is doing so great eating raw.

I had a little set back yesterday, too many room mates partying with delicious food. But it was a great learning experience, as soon as i ate some I felt instantly sick it made me never want to consume cooked/processed food again. :) Today is a fresh day and I had... 1 young coconut, watermelon, kale smoothie. 1 delicious apple, olives, and plan to have raw pasta for dinner.....Yum Yum

Green Smoothies- I have been trying to make them everyday, but they continue to make me feel more and more queezy, I think its just the taste, does anyone have any recipes they use to make them delicious?

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Ok TOTALLY screwed up today :(

I can't believe how horrible I ate, I don't remember the last time I ate so poorly and I feel like crap. I'm usually pretty good with not giving into my cravings and I don't know what happened today.

I'm a teacher and at school we have snack bins for children who forget their snacks. Now, mind you we have tons of them, like Costco boxes of snacks, like Nutrigrain bars, All Bran bars, crackers & cheese (you know the crackers on 1 side and the cheese on the other with the red stick to spread the cheese?), cereal, etc. I gave in...BIG TIME, seriously I must have eaten 6 granola bars and 7 packs of crackers (I didn't eat the cheese). For breakfast I had my typical smoothie, then an apple for snack, my melon lunch (so everything as I usually would), then after lunch throughout the afternoon I ate all that crap.

Also I just went for a colonic yesterday and I feel like I totally messed up my intestines in a matter of hours :(

How do I get back on track & forget about this horrible experience?

• AVL- it happens to everyone! You shouldn't beat yourself up about it. It sounds as though you ate really really well besides that, so you should be happy about that. Start over tomorrow, and just be glad you know you ate bad, instead of constantly eating terrible like lot of people. From your posts you seem amazingly healthy, I wish I could have a ten of the motivation you have to excersize and eat well. Be proud, you are amazing!!!

• ^ I think the best thing you can do is forget it ever happened and carry on as normal - it seems like you eat wonderfully most of the time. I had a really bad day last week where I ate so much cheese and spelt bread and then almost 100g of dark chocolate.. it reminded me so much of how sluggish and sick I feel after eating this way that I'm sort of glad I did it as now I know I won't be doing that in a while.

Today I had:

peppermint, licorice and rose petal tea

2 figs, 1 plum

1/4 of a large watermelon

cucumber, carrot, spinach and ginger juice

1/2 a sliced avocado with sliced fig and thyme

an orange, a lemon flavour iced green tea (sweetened with apple juice)

4 dried wild apricots and 4 apricot kernels.

• liger99liger99 Raw Newbie

So far, its been really hard for me to stay raw for even a week.

I'nm never giving up. Its not a battle, its a journey. Today, I was raw up till supper, and I'm fine with that. I suffer from an eating disorder, and I refuse to obsess over eating some potatoes and green beans, when I ate really healthy most of the day.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Thanks guys for your support :)

I just feel horrible and I feel like I can't even accomplish a task that I SO want to do (eating 100% for 30 days, or more). I wish that there weren't all these temptations around me.

I feel so sluggish and I'm having hot flashes and heart palpitations for all this carb overload (I mean bad cooked carbs).

I will see if I'm hungry for dinner (bc I ate a week's worth of food in a few hours!) and have something light. If not I will start fresh tomorrow. Wish me luck!

p.s. I'm staying R E A L L Y far away from the snack bins tomorrow!

• Perhaps you could take extra raw snacks to work with you so you're not so tempted by the snack bins.

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

AVL, practice makes perfect. When I fist went raw I went back an forth from 100% raw to almost 0. The more often I worked at being all raw, the longer I was able to keep it up until I reached my record of three months! You are doing amazingly well ! Just stay motivated and you WILL succeed!! :)

Day 5: I did make it to the pool! I had so much energy that I never wanted to stop. I had to though because other people were waiting to use the lanes so I had to give it up eventually. They lady who took my lane said she was amazed at my speed and thought I was on the swim team. It's all this raw energy people!!

4 cups chopped honeydew melon

4 cups butterhead lettuce

2 cups chopped heirloom tomato

4 cups chopped organic peaches

3 medjool dates

smoothie (4 small mangos, 4 bananas, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup coconut water, maca, and vanilla)

6 cups chopped pineapple

http://iamrawaholic.blogspot.com/

• Hey guys, I have been doing pretty well on this raw thing, but I haven't lost any weight in a few days. I was losing a pound or so a day at first, and it just stopped! Part of my goal from going raw is to lose the extra weight. Any suggestions to how I should alter my diet?

Today I had:

Green smoothie (1 banana, a bunch of strawberries, tons of spinache, flax seed)

Raw home made hummus with 2 small tomatoes

1 banana

2 cups melon

green smoothie (2 bananas, 1 cup pineapple, flax, tons of spinache)

• This is my 2nd day as I started late.

Last night after work I had a super green juice, kale, spinich, celery, broc and lime. I also had a raw sandwich with beetroot and carrot bread and in it I put, tom's cuc and a spread I made from corrinder and cashews. Totally yum. Then went salsa dancing for a few hours.

This morning (I am in the UK) I have had hot water. Then a green smoothy of melon, spinich, sprilina and bee pollen. 20 mins onthe stepper and half hour bike ride to work.

I have apples to snack on and for lunch my juice will be, lettace, carrots, apples, lemon, ginger and cuc.

When I get home I will have another green juice same as last night.

I have to go to a family meal tonight for Mum's birthday. They are all having takeout food, chinese so I am going to make myslef Thai Kelp noodles, which I have had before and totally rock. I shall also take coconut water to drink and maybe a bit or raw choc for pud but not sure about that yet.

Kepp going everyone, this is magic. K x

avl, i've noticed that i go back to cooked foods when i'm not having fat in my diet- mainly an avocado a day. i know it's a lot, but i'll end up binging on the cooked food we have in the house when i could've just had one avocado in my darn salad. it's all about this deprivation mindset we have- if we think we're depriving ourself on raw foods, then we'll always go back to cooked food for comfort. i know 80/10/10 is important to you, but maybe you should ease into it instead of all or nothing... you know?? just my thought : )

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Thanks for your input joannabanana! I try to include some fat, but I find it "scary" to eat an entire avocado (if you know what I mean), so I tend to eat 1/2 of one twice or 3 times a week. The thing is that as long as I'm not around all these tempting foods I have no problem, but what am I supposed to do? Not go to work? Ha Ha that would be a good excuse!

I try to get away for the all or nothing thinking mentality. Also, with the cold weather we are starting to have I am more drawn to cooked foods in order to keep me warm, so I have to find a strategy to avoid doing that and keep eating raw. I guess I can just put more sweaters on, that will keep me warm!

Ok, so today is a new day and I just had a smoothie with 2 bananas, 1.5 cups of green grapes & 1/2 cup berries...so far so good!

Hopefully the rest of my day goes just as well :)

• Hey Folks, How is everyone doing? My computer crashed so that's why I wasn't able to post for a couple of days. I lost a lot of files, aaargh, but... I'm back up and running and I'm still rawking on the challenge!

Today:

Grapes- 1050g

Bananas- 1100g

Cantaloupe- 1020g

Coconut- 25g

Total Cals- 2117

Carbs/ Pro/Fat Ratio- 88/ 4/ 7 %

I find that if I let myself get too hungry my mind starts to crave Sad foods. When I eat raw and I'm full, the cravings go away. So I don't let myself get too hungry. Guys, always have raw foods on hand and don't go hungry for too long. That should help with cravings. Let's dig in and finish this in style. After all, it's only 25 days more :)

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Yay! Today was much better :)

15km run

Breakfast: Smoothie with 2 bananas, 1 cup green grapes, 1/2 cup berries

Snack: Large apple

Lunch: 1/2 cantaloupe, 1/2 honeydew, 1/4 watermelon

Snack: 1 apple, 1 banana, 1/2 cup purple grapes, 1 celery branch

1 hour weight training

Dinner: Salad: mixed greens, 2 tomatoes, 1 cucumber, green onion, 1 red pepper, 3/4 avocado, mushrooms, 3 olives, parsley, cauliflower with lemon juice & Braggs

2 oranges

1 cup melon

I was REALLY hungry at dinner! I guess it's from having exercised a lot today. I felt good but still a little bloated from yesterday's cooked carb binge. I was very irritated and so moody (probably from yesterday's SAD foods) today, you definately did not want to be my students...poor little guys!

Oh ya, I wanted to ask you guys a question. Tomorrow night my friend wants to go out for sushi for dinner, and I really want to hang out with her but I don't know what to eat there that would be appropriate for the raw vegan diet. Obviously the fish is raw, but not vegan and the vegan stuff is cooked (i.e. edamame beans). Any suggestions?

avl, i love avocado rolls! i've never been to a sushi restaurant, but i get them at the sushi counter at giant eagle. they have a clear rice wrapper on them, but i don't worry about that. they are bound to have something you could eat. maybe a seaweed salad??