Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

GT's Kombucha

I think GT's kombucha is more sweet lately then it used to be. I get stomic pain's right after I drink it. Anyone else?

Comments

• it makes my stomach hurt as well.

• I think you shouldn't drink it on an empty stomach! You can always brew your own and make it to your liking but a lot of little flies and bugs gets attracted to it and hard to get rid of so is easier to buy it made but when you make it fresh it has more enzymes and nutrients and value. There are other brands on the market that are mellower too but when I drink ANY kombuchas on an empty stomach it tends to make it irritated too I noticed so I drink it after a RAW meal or after some RAW desserts...

• Chef ShuannaChef Shuanna Raw Newbie

I havent noticed them sweeter but I also brew my own at home so I dont drink theirs too often. I had one yesterday (grape) and I did find it difficult to drink the whole thing. hmmm....Didnt think about it. Maybe it is!? How far are into raw? Maybe your tastes are changing. Mine change all the time!

I am pretty excited to see so many new brands emerge in the kombucha world. I dont like seeing one brand of ANYTHING dominating the market. I am looking to sell my own Kombucha soon so I am so excited. All locally of course.

Have you thought about brewing your own?

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

i totally agree with liveyourdream- its probably your tastes changing. That 'kombucha wonder drink' that they carry at whole foods is a ton sweeter. i think high country's kombucha is less sweet than GT's. I love the multi-green as its not super sweet and oh so tasty.

Its pretty easy to make your own. Throw a flour-sack towel over the works to keep those pesky bugs at bay, they seem to breathe easier than terrycloth towels.

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

I tend to agree with these guys

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

It may be that the batch is newer, and the bacteria haven't eaten all of the sugar yet (most Kombuchas are bottled with a little extra sugar for bubbles).

I do agree that it also could be your tastes evolving and becoming more sensitive. Perhaps you are more sensitive to sugar.

• GlitterGirlGlitterGirl Raw Newbie

GTs is my fav - - drink it every day, usually on an empty stomach... - haven't noticed a change in it myself. Ppl always seem to recommend High Country but it has a lot more sugar and it' way too sweet for me.

• Thank you eecho! I watched both clip's. They made everything so clear to me. We own a health food store. We buy most of the item's we carry in bulk. Loving GT's like I do I bought 10 boxes for my own personal use. I love the flavor grape. So those ten boxes were all GT's grape. I started drinking just one or so a day. My stomic would hurt so I thought I still needed to do some cleaning up (I've been raw for like seven month's) I slowly started to consume more and more bottles. I felt addicted. I thought wow I'm addicted to something that is so healthy for me. Good job! LOL after the last few boxes. I was drinking six a day. I slowly started to notice weight gain. I had low energy. My skin was pale. I felt moody. The regular green drinks I drank every day lost my attention. They tasted soooo bitter. Some boxes tasted better then the others. More like grape soda. If anyone should know the affects of drinking GT's I should. With that extreme amount I was consuming.

It reminds me of the SUPER SIZE ME movie!

I'm so disapointed with GT's. That's the last time I will support them. All the effect's I was having is just like being on a S.A.D. DIEt.

Back to healing myself I go................................

• GlitterGirlGlitterGirl Raw Newbie

RawRoyalty - that doesn't seem fair to swear off GT's... I don't think anyone would recommend six a day. One, maybe two, but that's it - moderation is always key. GT's is a great company with a great product! : )

• Chef ShuannaChef Shuanna Raw Newbie

I dont know if I would drink more than one bottle a day. Grape is my favorite as well so I can feel ya there but 6? I would imagine the stomach pains coming from entirely too much bacteria in your stomach. Your digesting bacteria's which is great but too much healthy bacteria can turn into bad bacteria. Take it easy and enjoy a bottle a day!

Cheers!

• rawlizardrawlizard Raw Newbie

When I called the company a while ago, they recommended half a bottle a day, given the amount of lactic acid that this product contains.

• Just to clear things up, I started out with only one a day for quite a few weeks. With the one a day I was getting the stomach pain. I started to drink more because I loved the sweet taste and I thought I was doing a good thing. As I progressed through my cases of kombucha, I found myself drinking more and more. The stomach pain did not seem to change, but stayed about the same intensity. It was when I started upping the kombucha intake that I noticed all my other symptoms even though I was continuing my 100% raw way of life with no other major changes. I would suggest to anyone reading this post to view the links that eecho posted above, if you haven

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

I watched the last clip, and part of the first... The last clip, I have to say, I appreciate their concern and thoughts, but I find them a bit misinformed on certain points. And yes, Kombucha should be taken in moderation 4-8 oz. in the morning and 4-8oz. at night is the usual dosage, unless you have a medical issue. HOWEVER, if brewed correctly, you CAN have up to a quart, and still be fine. But this depends completely upon each individual body and their current needs. I brew nearly all the sugar out. My addiction to Kombucha is 90% brewing process. It does taste and feel very nice, but I enjoy the growing process more. :) There are so many ways to brew, teas and combinations of teas, sugars, and later, flavorings to experiment with. It's truly amazing and I recommend any Kombucha drinker brew their own, especially before condemning it. It isn't hard and it is better for you mentally, economically and physically.

• Thank you! Just bought a new brand (wish i could remember) last weekend and thought---hmmm this must be the real thing.

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

Yeah, I don't think that GT's is a bad company either. Their kombucaha is certainly a huge step up from Coka Cola or Pepsi. People should just understand that its not an ideal drink. GT's should be used as a transitional drink, and kombucha in general should be consumed in small quantities, like medicine.