Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

AARRRGGGG!!! Am I a monkey or a man?

So I've read this book and that book and this book over here and every one of them tells me 1) that I'm a bad person for eating Taco Bell and 2) something completely different. Nuts should be part of my diet, but they'll kill ya and are addicting. I shouldn't eat bread because I don't have a gizzard.... but whole grain bread is fine and good for me. I can eat all the fruit I want but I shouldn't eat too much as it will kill me. Probably my favorite so far is that we should only be eating plants because that's what our teeth are meant for. Pretty sure that my teeth would all be flat if that were the case. They aren't.

So here I am frustrated, reading that I should eat what Silverback Gorilla's eat because he's my brother from another mother. I'm trying to find a balanced diet that will allow me to eat some simple fruits for breakfast, have a small mid morning snack, raw greens for lunch, small snack before dinner, and then eat a normal dinner. I can't figure out what to eat though. I know that if I ask 200 nutritionists that I will get 150 different answers about what our daily intake should consist of but I need help.

I'm a very picky eater, not by choice either. I am completely disgusted by most food. Any type of green being cooked absolutely repulses me. The smell makes me sick. I can't even be in the house when a good Sunday meal is being cooked because I want to puke. So I have to eat raw vegetables or juice them etc... What I don't know is WHAT I should be eating in order to get a balanced diet. I don't give a dang about food. I don't have to dress up my food in order to entertain me. I've been bored with food most of my life and what I eat I generally dislike. I am 33 years old and have completely accepted that. I just want to know what to eat. Please help me, I'm going to die if I keep eating the way I am.

P.S. I ain't fat I'm just not healthy.

Comments

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

as you say you need a healthy balanced diet, fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds, sprouts if your going the raw way are most of the staples to help get the required nutrients.

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

get blood test and modify your diet accordingly?

• Mcalohan,

For a quick reference on the whole gorilla thing: http://www.vrg.org/nutshell/omni.htm

Humans, evolutionary wise are set up to be omnivores (basically, we eat whatever we can find that doesn't outright kill us). You can CHOOSE to be vegetarian or vegan. (note, my link is off of a vegetarian site- so it's just being honest. The scientist is actually vegetarian.)

Just because we can survive on a food source, doesn't mean it's the best thing for you, of course.

My suggestions (from feeling the same way you do "who's advice to follow)- start with the basics!

Unless there are medical issues that keep you from doing so- find out which fruits and veggies you like? Do you like any lettices or other greens to go in salads? Focus on adding those into your diet. If you go to Taco Bell- side your burrito with a salad. Start simple like that. Add some fruit to your breakfast (whatever you eat- even a donut).

I'm not encouraging you to eat the junk food. But, encouraging you to "feed your body first" of the things that we know are healthy.

After you are adding in the healthy stuff, go from there to see what you want to eliminate that is unhealthy.

• i've been doing this 3 years and am more confused than ever... sorry that's not helpful is it? just saying, i know how you feel :)

• Wow, yeah, you seem very confused. Stick with the 80-10-10 diet (google it or something). You don't need meat or dairy or whatever.

Eat lots of different veggies and fruits. What's in season is usually what's best.

• M42M42

Well, you already stated for yourself that almost every nutritionist will give a different answer to the question of what to eat. It therefore would make no sense if we all would give our individual answers, as they will certainly differ based on our own experiences. Therefore I'll just give a little advice on how I think you'll find the answer to your question. Just eat something random, and see how it makes you feel, directly afterwards and over the course of a day or two. Do you feel more energetic, more mentally clear, or sleepy and dull? Are you hungry or thirsty, or do you feel like you're about to explode? The problem with this is that you need to adapt to any new diet. But if you really want to be healthy (and of course you do), trying some diets for a two weeks each is worth the effort. If a diet is better than the previes, experiment with some details to improve it. Good luck!

Also, for all nutritionists, think about who benefits if you listen to them. If it's themselves, chances are they are making recommendations based on their own agenda's. E.g. if the milk industry spokesman tells you milk is healthy, that shouldn't be blindly accepted, even if he probably knows a lot about milk.