Saving time

Hello everyone,

I would like to discuss some ideas for preparing food more quickly on the raw diet. This may range from simple hints like how to best cut a mango or pineapple, to things like tools to use or how to eat greens quickly. (As for the pineapple tutorial, I personally prefer to cut away the outside as described, then cut the pineapple in 4 pieces from the top down, so it is easy to take out the middle).

For me personally, especially the greens are very time consuming. Just eating some lettuce takes ages of chewing, because of which I sometimes skip greens, which I know is bad. Combining it with work doesn't go to well either because I need two hands to type and I don't want lettuce on my keyboard...

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Mark

P.s.: There must already be a topic about speeding up food preperation on the raw vegan diet, but I failed to find it with the search function, that's why I made this one.

Comments

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Make green smoothies.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Actually, make time to nourish yourself would probably be number 1.

• M42M42

Hello,

Thanks for the input. Spending time on staying healthy is a good thing, I agree; one needs health to enjoy life. But I don't want to be spending so much time on staying healthy, cause I want to have time left to enjoy life. Also, I think similar results can be achieved in less time.

Greetings,

Mark

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

Fast "Raw" Food???

smoothies of course!!!

Also, instead of things to do that speed things up, how about things that slow the raw foodist down???

Do we really need to create images of dishes that are bad for us, like pizza, using raw food???

No. So I say eat natural, eat whole, and KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid).

Take milk for example, it is a bad food, so why would I want to recreate some kinda nut milk that is high in fat, and try to make a cereal (north American commercialization), and spend time trying to mimic food that is bad for me???

Just eat them like that , and keep the nuts limited and this will speed things up a lot because you can take them with you when your on the run.