'ello

hikurohikuro Raw Newbie

Hello all, my name is Ryan and I'm located in Arkansas. About a year and a half ago I decided to step up my diet(not as bad as the SAD, but far from great) and activity level(which was about average). I've been disappointed with my results for a while(or lack there of), and after about a month of Insanity(a fitness program) I decided that while there were a few things holding me back(like stress and lack of sleep) the only one I can really control is nutrition. So I decided I'd try 100% raw for 30 days(I'd like to try it for 60 days, but I don't think I can afford it for that long).

Anyways I also thought if I'm going to lurk here or offer my input, I may as well introduce myself; so hello.

Comments

• greenwoodgreenwood Raw Newbie

Hello Ray! How are you doing on raw? If you find 100% raw too expensive try going high raw/wholefood- that's what I'm doing- far better than being on processed.High raw for me is getting my fortnightly

• hikurohikuro Raw Newbie

I'm doing fine thus far(no different, but I'm only on day six), though I did break 100% raw. I was having some trouble meeting my caloric/nutrient requirements, and spending more than I estimated, so I bought some juice and frozen vegetables. Though not my original goal, I figure it's better to get them not 'raw' than not at all. I'm still having a little trouble meeting all my nutrient requirements, but I'll keep working on it. I've been far less active the last two weeks than normal, and I figure lacking a little bit of this and that is fine for the short haul(of course, not keeping track of the long haul I really don't know what it looked like either).

• greenwoodgreenwood Raw Newbie

It takes time to get used to a new way of eating. I'm high raw which means for me some cooked wholefoods with salads, or the evening meal cooked. I was feeling cold today (it's really cold here for August) and really wanted a bean and veg stew, so I made one. It was about 90% organic and very nice. Got some saved for tommorrow.I might have it with salad or organic rice. It can be more expensive raw/wholefood but I think it is so worth it to have a better diet and better tasting food! I spend