Is there anything at all that can be done about lip wrinkles?

I have been researching this online for days, and it seems like there is almost no answer but to just except that there's nothing you can do. The problem is, these are the most aging wrinkles and they mostly affect women and it just seems hopeless, because they do not respond to other treatments and topicals like other parts of the face.

My mother, in her late 60's, has virtually no wrinkles, her skin is amazing, except for these unattractive, vertical lines above the lip. It is the one thing that really ages her.

I am young, avoid the sun, use retin-a, and many other effective products and I am starting to see these thin, tiny little lines and I hate it.

Does eating raw or supplementing do anything at all to remove these and prevent their return?

Oh, neither of us has ever smoked, nor do we drink out of straws very often, as people think these activities are the cause. They truly are not.

Please,please, please, somebody have an answer!

Comments

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Supporting your skins elasticity and collagen is the best idea. Which means eating foods rich vitamin C, silica(best to supplement this via food grade Diatomaceous Earth).

Gotu kola is a good herb for stimulating collagen and elastin formation. Nettle leaf is good as its rich in silica and vitamin C. Silica is the most important nutrient followed by vitamin C.

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

I'd say lay off the Retin-A; I know it's supposed to be good for the skin, but one of the side effects some people experience seems to be dry skin. Of course, this is easier for me to say than for you to actually do.

Staying well-hydrated is good for all skin problems, along with the vitamin C. You may want to try upping your water intake. Also, I'd imagine that using a really rich oil, like shea butter or cocoa butter, as a moisturizer around your mouth would be a good idea.

You could also look around here: http://www.earthclinic.com/

They don't sell anything; it's just a user board for home remedies of all kinds.

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

I forgot to say most silica formulations in stores contain horsetail grass as the main ingredient, im not fond of horsetail grass as it contains nicotine which constricts the blood vessels.

Go with Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth if you wish to supplement with silica. Other rich sources are nettle leaf and rice bran.