Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Bacon Recipe - what happened to it?

Hello,

I'm looking for the raw bacon recipe using young coconut meat, it's not there anymore, what happened to it...? I remember the recipe calls for braggs amino acid and olive oil to marinate prior to dehydrating...? If anyone out there know the recipe, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks! =D

Comments

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

id be interested in such recipe also if anyone can find it.

• Here's a link for Raw Coconut Bacon! I found this on Youtube. Haven't tried it yet but looks good! The recipe is written under the video-

You could add smoke flavor too to make it more authentic :-)

• suekosueko Raw Superstar

I'm looking for the raw bacon recipe that uses eggplant. Anyone remember that?

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Here is one. I haven't tried it. http://www.eatingvibrantly.com/raw-eggplant-bacon/

It uses agave. You might be right about something sweet being added to nearly every raw recipe. 

• Raw ChickRaw Chick Raw Newbie
    Can someone type out the recipe for the egg plant bacon as there's nothing written below!
  • TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

Raw Chick said:
    Can someone type out the recipe for the egg plant bacon as there's nothing written below!

I see it. Do you hve java enabled?

"Ingredients
    1 large eggplant (aubergine), thinly sliced (lengthways)
    1½ tbsp (30ml) tamari
    1½ tbsp (30ml) maple syrup or agave nectar
    1½ tbsp (30ml) apple cider vinegar
    1½ tbsp (30ml) olive oil
    1 tsp Botanical Cuisine's mushroom & pepperberry sauce
    ¼ tsp paprika
    ⅛ tsp chilli powder
    pinch black pepper
    Method
    Slice the eggplant thinly lengthways, using a mandolin or a sharp knife.
    Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl, and add eggplant slices one a time, making sure to coat each slice thoroughly.
    Leave to marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
    Spread eggplant slices on a dehydrator tray and dry for 12+ hours until crispy."

http://www.eatingvibrantly.com/raw-eggplant-bacon/

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

QueenFluff had a great one on here but I can not find it

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master
    Blue_Eyes said:

QueenFluff had a great one on here but I can not find it

This one?

https://www.therawtarian.com/community/recipe/raw-bac-un-bacon

Harmony1Blue_Eyes
  • Harmony1Harmony1 Raw Superstar

The raw bac-un recipe looks delicious.

My only question: is there anything else that can be used as a sweetener in it other than agave or honey? It's hard to find either raw where I'm living. Once in a while they show up on the store shelf, but it's more of an occasional nice surprise rather than a regular event. 

• FeeFee Raw Master

Could you try date paste? I'm trying to use more of it (homemade) rather than store bought sweetners.

TammiTrue
  • Harmony1Harmony1 Raw Superstar

Date paste is a great idea. Thank you for sharing it! I have been wanting to make more of my own sweeteners so that might be the best idea yet.