stocking a raw pantry

recently, i have been seeing a bit of a shift in what's in a lot of raw and vegan recipes. i am just wondering what you guys try to ensure is ALWAYS in your fridge/pantry.

Comments

• hikurohikuro Raw Newbie

I don't actually use recipes, but I'm always stocked on bananas, and cans of peaches and pineapples. Usually lettuce or spinach and some canned vegetables too.

• I love bananas too, but then again who doesn't? :)

My family keeps plenty of freeze-dried wheatgrass juice powder (http://www.sweetwheat.com/store/wheatgrass-juice/sweet-wheat-large-powder-30-grams/ ) on hand in our kitchen because it's raw and a good thing to toss into smoothies or mix with juice. The kids don't even complain.

• Greens, bell peppers, bananas, and apples. Beyond that it shifts around.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Ripe fruit is a must and tender greens like bib lettuce are important too. I pretty much always have ripe bananas around, not because they're absolutely necessary in a raw diet, but because they're calorically dense, available, cheap, and very tasty.

In fact, their is no fruit or vegetable that you must eat for health. Just eat a good variety of fruit, greens, and limit your nuts, seeds, and avocado and that's really it! :)

Swayze