Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I need your support...

Hi everyone,

while I'm not new to Gone Raw, and all of you have helped so much with your advice and wonderful recipes, I have never really posted about myself and when I needed advice so many of you had already experienced the what I was going through. But now I need your support and love. My mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, and while it is only stage one and very manageable, it has definitely has the family shook up and has taken a toll on all of us emotionally. I am actually calling it a blessing in disguise because now my mom is taking all the health advice I have for years given her and my dad without any success. Even my father now has caught on and is trying out raw foods, making better food combining choices, finally acknowledging that diet does play a major role in health.

It's been hard for me to watch my parents declining health, especially while studying holistic health and Traditional Chinese Medicine in college and later going to the Living Light Institute to become a raw food educator. Every year it seemed that a symptom was added to the list. For my mom, cancer is just the symptom that I think finally gets people's attention, but she's suffered from chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, kidney stones, heart problems, and menstrual problems for years. My dad just had surgery for hernia, has Diverticulitis, and a family history of stomach cancer. Needless to say, I've been scared and gently trying to encourage them to see things a little differently. It is a huge change and like they say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. So...I've been trying to make it fun, create delicious meals, and let them come around to all this on their own.

Through all of this I am trying to stay on track myself. It was my own health problems that lead me to raw foods to begin with. The business I was in the process of creating is on hold for a little bit while I'm home taking care of my first client (mom), and it's been stressful...so, I'm blogging about it. I would love your feedback, love, support, advice, comments, etc. during this process.

So please check out my blog-

livingwhole-alle.blogspot.com

and get ready for twopathslivingwhole.com coming soon.

Thank you and all the best,

Alle Weil

Comments

• Pame'laVik'toriaPame'laVik'toria Raw Newbie

I'm so sorry. I find my discipline goes down when I'm at my sickest, making me even sicker. And seeing other people sick, puts more stress on me, also making me sicker. I need to plan, plan, plan

• Well, if you decided for yourself to be raw. You will be. =)

• LolaQuizLolaQuiz Raw Newbie

Easier said than done, Gasha :) 

But I do understand your sentiment.

What we WANT and what we DO are not always operating in tandem, for better or for worse. :) And I speak from experience on this!

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I think wanting it will get you on the path, and that's half way there as far as I can tell :)

• JanaceJanace Raw Jr. Superstar

Just take it one meal at a time. You will find a balance that work best for you and is sustainable. smile

AmberJacksonDr. Denise