Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

i need serious help!

cheyennecheyenne Raw Jr. Leader

I am 23 years old, i started raw (mostly raw. i ate cooked quinoa, potatos, rice and sweet potatoes) 3 months ago and went fully raw 2 weeks ago. i felt great in the first 2 and a half months but since going fully raw i feel HORRIBLE. 

i have been off and on vegetarian my whole life, because everytime i stop eating meat i get tired and feel sick. But i dont want to be a meat eater! i feel more at peace and connected with myself when i am vegan. but my body doesnt like it. 

i eat a lot of greens a lot of fruit and barely any fat. i eat 2000 calories a day if not more (i have a sluggish metabolism) but i feel so miserable and im starting my second job next week so i need to have energy i am so lethargic! i am taking 2 hour naps everyday!! i cant do this anymore. can anyone help me please??? i dont know what to do

Answers

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Do you think that you went full raw too fast? A sudden transition to anything can be rough. I'm sorry that you're feeling bad. undecided

• The RawtarianThe Rawtarian Raw Superstar

what have you been eating, specifically? 

cheyenne
  • cheyennecheyenne Raw Jr. Leader
    big smoothies every morning, i try to incorporate as much variety of fruits and veggies as i can. smoothie in the morning: lots of pineapple, mango, berries, orange juice, peaches, and dates. lunch: varies between monomeals of about 500-700 calories or banana smoothie. (more fruit) snack of apples, bananas, green juice, orange juice, more fruit. then dinner i will have a large salad. i try to get in at least 2 pounds of greens but usually only get about 1 pound at night because of work. lots of spinach, chard, kale, or arugula with a tahini dressing (the only fat i have during the day!) with lots of tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, and corn sometimes. i have also lost 12 pounds in 2 months and i cannot afford to eat any more, i cannot stuff myself anymore. i feel full alot of the time and never go hungry but i am losing weight very fast.

Are you eating any nuts or avocado? They can help to pack in the calories without much effort. Re: the weight loss. 

no nuts at all. not even nut milk. the only fat i eat is avacdo (1/2 avo a couple times a week) and some tahini

I would suggest adding in some walnuts at least. They go well with salad :)

I've run across a few threads on here that talk about getting through the original detox symptoms of going raw. I'll see if I can dig some up for you. They might have some useful info. 

im wondering if going from 75% raw to 100% raw there would be a detox from that??
    thank you very much!!
    i really really appreciate this. it has helped. today i felt better. i just have no appetite and food is just not appealing to me at all. not mangos, not pizza, nothing. i dont want to give up but im not enjoying this lifestyle anymore :(

Aw. I think the most important thing is to listen to your body. Did you make any changes since yesterday? 

no i have been doing the same thing

How are you feeling? I hope the worst is nearly over. 

im back to feeling exhausted. i started a second job where i have to get up very early which means i would have to eat even more. i cant afford this lifestyle anymore and i just feel miserable:( i am so bummed and i feel so guily
    thanks for asking! i have been off and on vegetarian my whole life and this always happens when i cut out meat. i body doesnt do well without it, as much as i want to believe that humans all should thrive on a plant based (especially raw) diet.
  • TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

Are you getting enough iron and protein? Supplementing? I usually crave meat and cheese when I'm low on something. 

my chronometer app says ive been getting about 60-75% iron everyday. would that still make be deficient? and ive been getting between 35-45 grams of protein a day

Is that iron based on the average or the requirements specifically for a woman? (I'm assuming you're female. Don't kill me if I'm wrong.) I ask because women need more than twice as much as men. 

yes im a woman i am supposed to have 18 mg and im getting about 13-15

It couldn't hurt to increase it a little, especially if you ar feeling tired all of the time.  

Hi Cheyenne - I thought of you when I saw this one - https://www.therawtarian.com/community/f/discussion/11383/quick-and-filling-also-iron#latest

I hope you're hanging in there.

An excellent multivitamin has been a godsend for me. Have you tried doing any mono meals? I've heard good things about it giving the body a break from overworking to process everything. 

• SobiniSobini Raw Newbie

Firstly, I would suggest adding a quality B12 supplement to see if the increase in B12 helps with your energy.  Note that not all B12 supplements are created equal and now experts state that B12 is poorly absorbed from a multivitamin because the other nutrients interfere with its absorption.  Also, be aware that your ratio of protein, carbs and fats may be thrown off when you switch to raw foods. This can signifantly reduce your energy levels.  Lastly, a decrease of purine containing proteins can also have this negative affect on your energy and this can be corrected by including high purine sources like bee pollen, nutritional yeast and chlorella in your diet, often recommended in that order.  I highly recommend listening to this interview between Dr. Gabriel Cousens and Dr.  Joseph Mercola ...

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE75D3C09155A1BB5

... and if you ressonate with what Dr. Cousens is saying then purchase his book 'rainbow green live-food cuisine' where he includes information and recipes to address a situation such as yours without having to include meat back into your diet.

I hope this helps!

TammiTrueClaireT

Cheyenne, how are you feeling? I hope a little better. 

im feeling the same. i have a doctors appointment tomorrow to get some blood work done. i just feel so lethargic and unmotivated thank you so much for asking!

I think that those experts may be right about absorption, Sobini. I have always tried my best to get the majority of my nutrients from food sources because it seems more likely that they will be taken up by the body in that form.

• RomeyRomey Raw Jr. Leader

Hope it comes out well for you.  Keep us posted.

ClaireT

I hope the blood work sheds some light on what is going on. Feeling miserable is no fun. 

Have you gotten any results back yet? Wishing you the best. 

• FruityFruity Raw Newbie

Hey Cheyenne, I'm new to this too. Actually I was recently inspired by watching Dr Morse's videos on YouTube. He is an iridologist and detox natural doctor, so he knows all about these symptoms and can see what is going on if you send him pictures of your eyes. If you watch a few of his videos, you will understand better what is happening. Lots of us have adrenal fatigue among other issues. There are herbal remedies specifically for different types of fatigue, whether adrenal, thyroid or something else. He takes letters or eye photos you send and will respond by video or you can call the clinic. Wishing you well my dear!