Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

daily vitamin/supplements

2»

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

om shanti, re B12 test…ask your doc for an MMA test which is a urine, not blood test. It is the new gold standard of b12 testing. There are companies that will send you a kit which you use and send it back to them and they’ll do the test. Costs abot

• Morning_theft, I’ve never heard that before about spirulina and b12, thanks for posting that. Are there any better food sources of b12?

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

From what Chris and I have found out there are no raw vegan sources of B12…but if you buy organic food you trust is ok then don’t wash it, eat it with a little soil, you’ll get some that way.

By the way, Storm of www.thegardendiet.com is 30 years raw vegan never takes any supplements and is not B12 deficient. His kids are raw, all five of them and they are not B12 deficient either. There may be/must be ways the body sorts this issue out itself, possibly via transmutation, which scientists have only recently found out about. I take a nibble off a b12 pill every month or so, the pill is 9000% the rda!! The lowest dose I could find.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

thanks zoe im off to google…. way cheaper than a doctor visit…as per my othr worries im going to chalk itup to high stress the past year and up my seaweed intake for iorn and scalp massages for my hair worries…..

• I take a multivitamin (for a little of everything, including B12) and calcium pills.

I think it’s very difficult to get everything you need from a raw, veg, or SAD diet. Also, every few years, I ask my doctor to check my vitamin levels (he just needs to check off a few more items on the standard blood test form). I’ve been vegan (mostly raw) since 1995, and just went 100% raw recently. I’ve only ever been deficient in one thing—vitamin D (from overusing sunscreen). It may be a good idea for everyone to check their vitamin levels every once in a while (especially B12 & vitamin D).

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Hi omshanit,

hanks Kandace, ill hop on over to the doc and get tested, what brand do you take?

I take a liquid B complex by Seroyal (they are out of Chicago). I haven’t seen this brand at stores, only through a naturopath.

• Right now, I’m at about 70% raw. I was vegan for 1.5 yrs before this and vegetarian before that. I currently take a B-12, a good multi, and a vit. C. Each of these supplements makes a noticeable difference in how I feel. I’m open to the idea that, eventually, I’ll be so bursting with health that I can stop spending money on them :) But for now, I’m going to try to listen to my body and try to chill.