2 weeks in and I'm documenting it all via video!

williamvwilliamv Raw Starter

Hey all.

I made the decision to go raw (80-10-10) a little over a month ago, but started about 2 weeks ago. My friends/family were very intrigued, so I decided to document the experience on youtube so they could keep up to date on it. I thought I would share it on here in case it is helpful to anyone else who is also considering going through the change. So far, I'm having a ton of fun:

Intro video:

day 10:

I've done another video as well, in addition to these, and I plan on doing more about my experience. Let me know if this is helpful to any of you, or if there is anything else you think I should share on the journey. I am feeling great so far!

Also, I just joined this forum, and discovered this site.  I'm looking forward to looking around and learning from everyone.  If anyone has suggestions on my new journey, they would be much appreciated!

Harmony1

Comments

• williamvwilliamv Raw Starter

I have a few video updates here!

First of all, I'm curious. Has anyone here experienced difficulty in the transition period? Did you transition or start immediately?

I also did a video on what I eat in a week:

ClaireTHarmony1
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I love your videos! 

I think a lot of people find the transition a little rough. I baby-stepped my way in, so I came through without too many problems. 

williamv

Thanks Claire!!! I also baby stepped in and the most difficult part was that first week of baby stepping in (which I talk about in the video).  It's funny, my brain could hardly function at all at the time.  Removing sugar, processed foods, caffeine, and dairy is pretty intense on the body.

Harmony1ClaireT
  • Harmony1Harmony1 Raw Superstar

Removing coffee and sugar are always the hardest part for me too. Junk food I'm not too bad with since I can always make raw wanna-be junk food! I'm not sure what you would call it - faux junk food? 

williamv

Hahaha - yep!  I like that phrase and I'm definitely going to use it, "faux junk food" ;)

ClaireT

Alright! I'm 1 month in, and here is my update.

I'm curious to hear from you all on something in particular.  One of the negative effects I've experienced is an increase in acne/zits.  Have any of you experienced this?

ClaireT

I think skin goes through a change when your body is clearing out all of those toxins. Mine cleared up after about a month, but it was just bad enough to irk me while it lasted. 

Thanks Claire.  IT looks like it is starting to clear up!

ClaireT

A new Video!!!

My dating life in a video:

ClaireT

It sounds like you have been having fun :) I love rock climbing. 

williamv

Yep!  It's been a ton of fun.  However, the last 3/4 days have been pretty rough.  I'm gonna talk about that next.  I think it has to do with the fact that I had to get a new blender that was not very good, and so I was having troubles getting enough calories (and I am pretty active at the gym), so I actually started feeling pretty bad. My joints ached, I was weak at the gym, and my soreness was not recovering.

ClaireTTammiTrue

I hope you've recovered since then. Take care smile