Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

New to the raw lifestlyle but been Vegan for 2 years

Babychris91Babychris91 Raw Newbie

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, my name's Chris, I'm 25 and from UK. I have been vegan for past 2 years, health and ethical reasons. I've toyed with the idea of raw veganism before but dismissed as I thought, 'I could never do that' or 'It's hard to do that living in London' and 'how can I live of fruit/veg' but realised I went vegan overnight and never looked back.

So the past week I've been enjoying fruits, veg salads etc to see how I would feel, I felt great, light minded, not hungry, relaxed and focused, like a fog had gone. I just  now had some bean chilli and rice to see how I would feel and yup, you got it, don't feel too good. Didn't overdo it or anything but just feel like my mind is foggy, feel lethargic and feel sluggish.

For me this has made my mind up and I am now a raw foody. It's I feel the best move for me. I'm smart enough to educate myself on recipes etc if need be.

So anyone out there who's been in my shoes or has any advice, or just to say hi, hit me up.!

Much love, Chris :-)

sabrinaClaireTTammiTrue

Comments

• sabrinasabrina Raw Jr. Leader

I agree about raw foods getting rid of "brain fog."  I've had bad ADD my whole life, but since switching to raw foods, my symptoms are pretty much gone.  I can focus so much better now! Good luck with your raw food journey!

ClaireTBabychris91TammiTrue
  • Babychris91Babychris91 Raw Newbie
    sabrina said:

I agree about raw foods getting rid of "brain fog."  I've had bad ADD my whole life, but since switching to raw foods, my symptoms are pretty much gone.  I can focus so much better now! Good luck with your raw food journey!

Thanks, you too. Good luck and be well! :)
    ClaireTTammiTrue
  • deannacdeannac Raw Newbie

I just joined this forum so my answer's a little late . . . but wanted to give my two cents!  I started out being raw and was raw for three years.  Best and easiest way of eating and losing/maintaining my weight ever!  For whatever reason I decided to try regular cooked vegan and struggled with appetite control and weight gain for the next two years.  Needless to say, I came back to raw!  The reason I love raw is because I don't feel tortured by food, i.e., lack of control over appetite and also feeling sluggish and battling cravings for all manner of food.  Has anyone else experienced this with a regular cooked vegan diet?

No other way of eating allows me this kind of freedom except raw.

I would love to hear how your raw food journey is going, now that's it's been a couple of months. 

ClaireTTammiTrue
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master
    deannac said:

I just joined this forum so my answer's a little late . . . but wanted to give my two cents!  I started out being raw and was raw for three years.  Best and easiest way of eating and losing/maintaining my weight ever!  For whatever reason I decided to try regular cooked vegan and struggled with appetite control and weight gain for the next two years.  Needless to say, I came back to raw!  The reason I love raw is because I don't feel tortured by food, i.e., lack of control over appetite and also feeling sluggish and battling cravings for all manner of food.  Has anyone else experienced this with a regular cooked vegan diet?

No other way of eating allows me this kind of freedom except raw.

I would love to hear how your raw food journey is going, now that's it's been a couple of months. 

Welcome to the forum! 

I agree about the sluggishness when eating cooked food, especially if it is fried (which I used to eat way too much of). 

TammiTrue
  • TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

I hope everyone is having an excellent raw foods journey <3

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

It's always nice to have one more on board. smile

• PaulinePauline Raw Newbie

I'm just starting with raw but I know that going from vegan back to SAD was the worst thing I could have done. My body just doesn't do well with dairy and meat. I recently went back to vegan and already am feeling a bit better. Can't wait to see what a raw food diet will do for me.

• KikAllezKikAllez Raw Newbie

I am new to raw, too.  We have been vegan for a few years.  Whole foods, unprocessed.  I am really, really enjoying raw.  Right now it feels like it would be weird to cook foods.  Thankfully, I am a vegan chef, self taught, and the whole extensive chop, food processor, Vitamix thing is second nature to me.  Years ago I wanted to go raw and the recipes were just crazy and drawn out.  What I love about Laura's recipes is that they are easy not complicated.  It has surprised me how filling they are.  That was a worry with hubby, that it would not be filling.  But it has been.  I know there are challenges coming up, with me going back to work, long shifts, training in a city 265 miles away, but we will weather this.  Really loving my Vitamix this week.