80 10 10 or Gabriel Coussens for diabetes type 1

bobcuriousbobcurious Raw Newbie

Hey guys, it has been one week I went raw and I am planning to follow Gabriel Coussens phase 1. I am diabetic type 1 and vegan for 4 years. I also have problems with candida. After researching for some time, I am now very confused because there are some diabetics type 1 saying 80 10 10 is the best raw vegan diet for type 1. However, I read "There is a cure for diabetes" and it says the opposite. I've done a lot of research but I don't know which one I should follow. For me, it seems the 80 10 10 is too much. I would never be able to eat so much fruit in a day and also I am afraid about the candida. However, some people say Gabriel's diet is not good in long-term, specifically for type 1. Would you know where can I read more information? Maybe someone at the forum can help me with this issue. Thanks! 

ClaireT

Best Answer

• sabrinasabrina Raw Jr. Leader
    Answer ✓

I think that starting off with Dr. Coussen's diet might be best for a diabetic simply because of the low glycemic load.  However, I think it's best to do his diet on a short term basis.  After you experience improvement, it might be best to switch to the 80/10/10 for the long term because it's healthier for your arteries.  I wouldn't worry about candida with 80/10/10, if anything, it should make candida disappear.  Honestly though, because you are type 1, you might want to do this under some medical supervision. If you can go and stay at the Tree of Life, you'd be in great hands.  I've stayed there and It's wonderful. http://treeoflifecenterus.com ;

bobcurious

Answers