Thoughts on essential oils?

AsusanneaAAsusanneaA Raw Jr. Leader

I've been hearing about essential oils everywhere for a while now but I've remained a bit skeptical+ there are so many of them it is honestly confusing (where do I even start?). What types of  essential oils would you personally recommend for general use and ideally which sites/brands/places are the best in terms of quality to price ratio. Many thanks in advice! 

Comments

• khristvegkhristveg Raw Newbie

Hey, I have a solution for you, try Virginic products, I have purchased some products from them(especially liked toothpastesmile), all the products are natural and have a pleasant smell. If you want to  check it out -> https://virginic.com/collections/oils/products/japanese-peppermint-essential-oil

AsusanneaA
  • AsusanneaAAsusanneaA Raw Jr. Leader
    khristveg said:

Hey, I have a solution for you, try Virginic products, I have purchased some products from them(especially liked toothpastesmile), all the products are natural and have a pleasant smell. If you want to  check it out -> https://virginic.com/collections/oils/products/japanese-peppermint-essential-oil

Thank you so much for the recommendation! Now that I have tried the products I completely agree, they are the best and as a vegan myself I love that they are 100% natural and don't contain any 'unpleasant surprises'.laughing

• navgosalnavgosal Raw Newbie

The essential oil world is a vast and there is a wealth of information about how essential oils can help our bodies perform optimally. With that being said, there’s also some misinformation that is being spread on the internet. Let’s get our facts straight.

To really get true information about essential oils,

I’ve asked Dr. Robert Pappas to help me clear up some of these myths circulating the web. Today Dr. Pappas is going to go over the 10 most common myths and facts about essential oils! Let’s get to it!

The truth is that there are MANY therapeutic grade standards. The problem is, which one do you trust? It’s important for people to realize that all of these standards are INTERNAL standards developed by companies selling oils and may or may not include quality control by a third party lab. Furthermore, if a third party lab is used, does this lab really know what they are doing? It’s also important to know what the company defines as being “therapeutic grade” does it simply mean that the oil is pure or does it mean something beyond purity and carry with it a quality standard as well? Let’s face it, an oil can be pure as the driven snow but still be low quality, I see this on a daily basis in the samples I analyze for my clients in order for them to make good buying decisions. Judgments about essential oil quality take more than just good chemists and good equipment, they require many years of experience in odor evaluation and knowing what specific minor components are desirable in an oil and not just focusing on the major components.

Yes we all agree that there is no independent standard forTherapeutic Grade that is universally recognized. And while you may not like the promotion ofTherapeutic Grade by various companies, it’s not really correct to say that “thereis no such thing as Therapeutic Grade.” Ithink a better response to those promoting such an idea would be to say”while many companies promote their own therapeutic grade standard, oneshould be aware that there is no universally accepted independent body thatcertifies essential oils as therapeutic grade.” That is a fairstatement that is factually correct that nobody can disagree with and will notcause dialog to shut down between those in the direct marketing companies andthose on the more traditional side of aromatherapy.

Pure, unadultured essential oils with no synthetics added should last forever.
    True therapeutic lavender (lavandula angustifolia) should have no detectable camphor. Any level of camphor in lavender essential oil would indicate a mix of lavender and lavandin.
    Essential oil vibrational frequencies range from 52 MHz to 320 MHz. Essential oils have the highest frequency of any natural substance known to man and will increase the frequency of our bodies.
    Essential oils were used in Biblical times and even found in King Tut’s tomb.
    If you use a pure essential oil on your skin and it causes a rash or burn then it’s just your body detoxing.

Thanks,

Nav

AsusanneaA
  • unao8unao8 Raw Newbie

I absolutely love them... don't know where to start with the compliments haha! I love the essential oils for winter, as they just give such a nice smell of coaziness... These are my favorite ones!