Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Skin smelling like herbs?!?

After going raw ive noticed my skin smells different.. I drink a spourt smoothie everyday which consists of Mung, Kamut, Green and red lentil, pineapple, banana and strawberry.

the rest is a mix of raw foods – dehydrated or as is.

and no.. no marsala powder or sauce

anyone experience this too? is this my body ridding of toxins through my skin

Comments

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

My friend, that is a first :) I honestly have never heard of such a thing. It could be the sprouts, but im not too sure. My guess would be that the contents of the sprouts is being expelled through your sweat making your skin smell like marsala? I know it sounds ridiculous but that is the best explanation that I could come up with. By the way, what is the amount of sprouts that go into that smoothie of yours??

• Perhaps its just me.. My girlfriend says it doesnt smell like masala.. but more like a mix of herbs.. its actually a pleasent smell but its not the same you know..

I do use sprouts as my main staple.. ive recently added fenugreek sprouts to the diet .. perhaps its that..

im very healthy and have no ailments

plus i drink ALOT of water daily..

• Bingo! It’s the fenugreek that’s leaving your skin smelling like masala. Here’s an excerpt from wiki
    A side effect of consuming even small amounts of fenugreek (even as just an infusion in water) is a maple syrup or curry smell in the eater’s sweat and urine, which is caused by the potent aroma compound sotolone.

• hah nice one!.. i was thinking about how people that consume large amounts of Kim-chee (ms?) Their bodies tend to have a oder of it.

I had to change the name of the topic as it sounded quite gross.. hah!

does anyone else use fenugreek sprouts often?

thanks Nezumi

• I eat them from time to time. They taste good.
    I think smelling of maple syrup is kind of sexy! But then again, I am a Canadian, heehee!

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

I sprout fenugreek a lot. I like them, and I like the way they make my skin smell. They’re great for detoxifying the liver, too!

• I agree with Nezumi ....mmmmm maple man! ;)

I’ll just leave it at that. ;)

• I eat about 3/4th cup of fenugreek sprouts daily and I like them. I never noticed any smell. In your case, it may go after a period of time.

• thank you all! then i will continue to regularly use them to see if it goes away…

• edited September 2023

Do you know what your facial skin care cream is made of ? Here are some of the most effective anti-aging skin care product ingredients appearing in leading brands.

Thanks

• dblvsgrgdblvsgrg Raw Newbie

I hope this isn't offensive to anyone (if so I apologize in advance), but when I learned about raw in mid 2000 I didn't know anything so all I ate was salad w/ lemon juice and lots and lots of bananas and oranges for six weeks. Lots of oranges, and after the first 2-3 weeks my "area" and my sweat (sorry, but this is true) smelled like orange. Towards the end I'd been craving onions and had been eating them like as if they were apples and I smelled like onion BUT not in a bad way...it actually smelled good.

My ex still remembers this and can vouch for it.

I know it's weird, but it happened.

• hudsonchirshudsonchirs Raw Newbie
    edited August 2023

Hello there,

Experiencing the delightful scent of herbs lingering on your skin is truly a unique and refreshing experience. This phenomenon is often the result of using skincare products enriched with natural herbal ingredients. Many herbs possess not only aromatic qualities but also potential benefits for your skin's health and radiance.

It's possible that incorporating products infused with herbs like lavender, rosemary, or chamomile into your routine has contributed to this pleasant aroma. These botanical ingredients are celebrated for their soothing properties and can provide a revitalizing boost to your skincare regimen.

The fact that your skin is carrying the herbal fragrance suggests that your skin is embracing the natural goodness of these ingredients. It's worth exploring and enjoying this newfound aromatic dimension in your skincare journey.

Continue to relish the herbal symphony and the positive impact it adds to your daily routine. Here's to nourished and fragrant skin!

Best regards,
    Hudson Chris