Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Green smoothie fast?

Comments

• northernlights – well done on day one! :) My goal is initially 7 days and then I’ll see how things are and decide if I want to go for longer :)

dave – welcome back! ;)

• Awesome! Thanks bluedolfin!! And thanks for the encouragement eshne! I have so much energy already today on day 1. I am loving this fast. So far super easy…. however…. my boyfriend (who has, in his defense, also had a smoothie today) is putting a frozen pizza in the oven! Yikes!!! Ok.. I WILL overcome the temptation! :) (noseless smiley ;) hehe… I think I will actually just leave the house until the smells have left the building! Soon bedtime here in Norway so I think I can say with confidence that day 1 has been a success!

• i tried the salt water cleanse and lemon juice cleanse, it controls my hunger drinking the lemon mixture. i guess i could add smoothies in between. for some reason, it controls my hunger more than solid food does.

• David, we do seem to be in the same moment of transition.
    I feel when I let it go, I crave raw foods naturally. But right now, a little vegan cooked food makes me feel good. Well, I’ll make it at 100% raw one day. Baby steps. I guess cleanses and fasts are not for me right now.
    Eshne, David and Notherlights, keep on cleansing! ;)

• Green smoothies taste soooooooooo good! :)

Hope everyone is doing fine.

• I know!! I made one today with some really sweet oranges, a frozen banana, some water and ice, and lots of pumpkin greens. It tasted like an orange julius.. yummy :) So far day 2 is going good…I am pooped out from a long rehearsal and kind of thinking something salty would be nice…. but the wonderful benefits of green smoothie cleansing are more important to me… so salty will have to wait until monday. It is funny, it’s not like I feel I need to eat something other than the smoothies… I think I just am in the habit of eating other things… so I am used to thinking hmmm… a little hungry maybe I will eat: insert food… So than I get a little disappointed that I can’t eat said food… but I feel perfectly fine. So it is all in my head.

• So true northernlights. I find that the most difficult part to deal with, the idea that I am supposed to be eating something else. Part of me is saying “you’ve not eaten, come on EAT!” and the other part is saying ”... it’s cool, relax, you feel good!” :p

• Exactly! :)

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

Just checking how everyone is doing???

• Doing fantastic over here! Midnight in Norway and I am heading off to bed after a very successful day 2! I am really shocked over the energy. I have not been 100% raw for more than a day or two in a row. Usually I am raw with the exception of a cooked dinner. I always get so tired after dinner… and also after work etc. But I had a 4 hour rehearsal today (without a break… my own bad planning) and even though my brain was totally pooped out afterwards and I thought I would lay on the couch for a nap… tv or something.. and after 5 minutes I had to get up and do something. I have been on the go throughout the whole fast so far. And I haven’t had to be on the go… I just couldn’t not be. So I have been exercising and working around in the house… So it is great! I am going 100% after this fast. It is inevitable. I am not going to be really strict about it or anything…. but I just want to. It feels so good :) I am sprouting and dehydrating like crazy and planning on trying lots of recipes from this site to break the fast.

glad you are doing well northernlights! how many days are you doing it??? keep up the great work!!!

• Well, 3 days was my original goal. But we’ll see… I think I will continue with green smoothies most of the time for a while afterwards… I think I could do it easily for longer… but I am preparing some raw recipes (sprouting etc) so with the exception of trying those all out I think I will continue it at least another 5 days. So it won’t be a fast… but for me who hasn’t been 100% raw it will be pretty close. And I have a goal of staying 100% raw for the month of february. (I started preparing for the fast on the 31st (I had smoothies and a raw soup that day – with a couple corn chips that were not raw). So since I started on the 1st of the month it seems like a good goal. I feel like I can’t go around being super into raw foods without actually having tried to be a 100%er :) I also have found that even though I have been transitioning for several months and increasing a little at a time that by just making the decision to go for it all of the “boundaries” I saw before are disappearing. I really couldn’t figure out dinner before… I have only had 1 or 2 successes on that front… but now I know that there is always a green smoothie. Cause let’s face it sometimes new recipes become disasters! At least in my kitchen! :)

• Hey RawKarateGirl and Eshne… don’t we have beautiful profile pictures?! I was just admiring yours :) Where were they taken?

Hi nothernlights, yes I really like sunsets! I took mine from our back yard in Washington state. so beautiful here!!!

• Alright, my 3-day fast is officially completed :) It was fun and I learned a lot about raw and myself. I didn’t have as much energy yesterday evening… and was detoxing a little more probably… so it would probably be good to be on it a while longer… but I expect I will break it this evening. (I am going to try the hawaiin bbq kebabs on this site :) And then stay raw for awhile with lots of green smoothies. Good luck everyone else!

• northernlights well done and congratulations on your fast! :)

I’m still on the green smoothies but today I had a cereal bar :[ ... but I’m stopping at that and carrying on with the smoothies still.

I have had a sore throat for a few days so I’m not feeling too great. Plus I keep sneezing!

I realise I am not sticking to the rules but I feel if I keep trying to pull myself on track then at some point I will manage the 7 day green smoothie fast I first committed to! So I won’t count any day as day one until I feel I can do it.

Anyway :) I hope everyone is doing great, and well done again northernlights! :D

how often do you need to fast?? like once every month??

• Thanks for the congrats :) That fast was really a turning point for me. I am raw now and really loving it. I don’t think I would have succeeded on going raw without that fast experience. It took care of cravings etc. for me and I learned that I don’t have to follow a normal meal plan like I used to. I have so much more energy…. but not just that… I am happier. It is shocking to me… I didn’t realize I was unhappy… raw clears up your physical health but also mental health. I am happily active for the first time … gosh.. ever. I am zipping around and happier at work etc. I hope I continue to feel this way because it is wonderful. I love raw food! I think another major success factor for me was a conscience decision to not push myself to exclude things from my diet. I have decided to allow myself anything… and that gives me the freedom I need to choose raw foods. If I go around thinking… well can’t eat that… can’t eat that etc… than I have to have whatever it is I am trying to avoid. Tonight I was at a meeting with my local kayaking club and after our meeting we ate dinner together. Everyone there had beef and fries except me who had a salad without dressing ;) There were extra fries there that I could have easily have shared and I just wasn’t remotely interested. Anyway… just felt like sharing. Good luck again on your smoothie fasting goals!

Is anyone going to do this again soon???

• Hi RawKarateGirl :)

I might try again tomorrow. How about you?

I was thinking about doing it tomorrow but not really sure.

How do you feel when your doing the fast? I was just wondering because I do karate and kickboxing and was wondering if you feel really tired or have lots of energy? know what I’m trying to say here?

• I will start a green smoothie fast mon.am It will be a 3 day fast. I will allow myself a salad in the evening if I feel I need to chew. i will let you know. Good luck to all who are starting or plan to.

anyone???

• I suspect it is different for everybody. For me I had a ton of energy in the beginning. I think my body was in its optimal state preparing itself for the detox…. so the last day of my fast I didn’t have as much energy. But overall… tons of energy! I have been raw since finishing my fast and in the same way I feel it goes in waves with energy. From better than ever to a detox etc… But some people don’t detox… some have severe detox… some right in the beginning and some months into a fast or being raw. So I would go for it and see how you feel. If it doesn’t feel right than you can always change your mind. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Thanks northernlights!! I think I might try it!

I started today!! How are you doing mham???

• When I detox I go and use the UltraSimple Diet. You can actually eat food and detox at the same time.

• Sounds like a great idea

• QTLaylaQTLayla Raw Newbie

Hi eshne

I have been thinking along the same lines! Anyone here done it for more than a day??

QT