Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Need a master cleanse partner

Comments

• I would like zucchini hummus with cold crisp romaine leaves!!

Do any of you have bad breath? I have brushed my teeth fives times today but my husband says he can’t stand to be in the room with me because my breath smells SO bad. My tongue is completely white too.

• YES!!! My tongue has been coated with white gunk all day, and my breath is pretty gross. That’s detox baby! haha Have you started getting headaches yet? I got a bad one about an hour ago.

• I heard that you are allowed to drink mint tea while on the MC… that might help with the bad breath! I am looking forward to all of these delightful symptoms you are all talking about… (yikes! what am I getting myself into!) haha

• Cool I’ll take bad breath if that means detox….COOL!!!!!!

Renoir- I drink a cup of peppermint tea a day, but I am afraid to drink more than that. I wish I could chew a piece of sf gum!

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

Kathrynintheraw.. your description of the kind of salad you are craving is exactly what I’m dying for!!! that.. and some good guacamole.. anyway.. the hunger has been substantially less thank god.
    Day 6: feeling pretty good this a.m. Did not sleep well last night.. stayed in bed for 9 hours but probably slept 6-7. Once that tea hits in the middle of the night it usually keeps me up a while. At least I didn’t have to stress about sleep though because I’m off today. I haven’t allowed myself to be any part of any food rituals (shopping, cooking) but today I think I’m going to do our grocery shopping because this is the day I usually do it and I think it’ll be ok. I’m to the point now where I’m confident I’m going to make it through so it won’t be that tempting.
    I think I am not drinking enough clear water.. I’m going to work on that today.
    Good luck today ladies!

• Kminty- Good luck with the grocery shopping. I grocery shopped last night after the gym. I wasn’t tempted to eat but I definitely over-bought! That saying don’t go shopping on an empty stomach is true! I bought enough food to last us a month, lol.
    I haven’t slept well since beginning the cleanse. I have sleep issues anyway and often take a sleep-aid to get to sleep. Since I can’t take them, I lay in bed hours before I drift off and then when I finally get into a sound sleep, the tea kicks in. I am averaging 3 hours of sleep each night..sighhh. Hopefully, by the time the cleanse is over, I will have re-trained myself to fall asleep naturally. I was talking to a lady yesterday online and she said she had bouts of depression doing the cleanse. She said they lifted once she began eating so I think maybe your hormones are unbalanced due to the cleanse? Was it better yesterday?

My tongue still has the nasty white film and it has tiny little very sore bumps on them this morning. My breath is still horrid and I have a mild headache. I don’t know if the headache is detox related or lack of sleep. The good thing is I’m not hungry anymore which makes the symptoms much more tolerable.

Hey sgmom2, I was wondering about the depression/ detox thing.. this morning I had a good cry over all things, the american idol vote off! pathetic! but I think I am just a little emotional/depressed and was thinking it was tied to detox?

• Kellie- Is it nearing time for your cycle?

• So here’s a funny story: So yesterday morning I had a green smoothie for breakfast and then juices during the day. I was going to have a raw soup for dinner, and since my dehydrator trays are too shallow for a bowl of soup, I warmed up the oven, turned it off and then left the soup in the oven to get warm. While I was out of the house, my bf came home and without looking inside turned on the oven to preheat to make his own dinner (I’m not making meals right now obviously!). Not only did he completely cook the soup, but he cooked the bowl it was in too! It completely melted. Huge mess. AAAaggggghhhh! No soup for me!

So today is day 2 of juice, and since I have been feeling the hunger (and satiating it with juice) I am hoping that when I start the MC tomorrow, I won’t get the hunger pangs or cravings. Just in case I don’t like the taste of the lemonade, I don’t want to be having to chug it when I am starving! Hopefully the transition in will help.

Oh, and I actually planned the cleanse to be during my cycle since I take BCP and didn’t want the cleanse to mess with that! I hope that doesn’t make the detox worse!

• OK. So I am basically on juice fast day 2, I haven’t even started the MC yet, and I am already having the major cooked food cravings. I am craving a grilled cheese sandwich of all things, specifically the super greasy kind from Mel’s Diner. Go ahead and throw in some french fries with that! I guess that means it is time for my next juice drink (Carrot apple ginger) that I brought with me to work today. So I just went into the kitchen at work to get my juice out of the fridge, and someone is heating up what smells like some cheesy pasta deliciousness. I really really hope I get passed this craving stage before spicy lemonade is my only option!!

• Don’t worry, you can have mint tea too! lol And the lemonade isn’t that bad… just enjoy the juice while you have it! The cooked food cravings really do go away though, and so does the hunger. Good luck!

• Kathy’s right Renoir, the hunger does subside and you will just have the desire to chew something. I still have the desire to eat cooked foods just because I haven’t gone raw yet, but I bought all raw ingredients when I went grocery shopping. It is scary when you are just starting the cleanse and you are ful of doubt, but it gets easier with each passing day, plus we will be there for you!

• Oooooh what did you get sgmom? I can’t wait to shop for my first real meal! And to be honest, I can’t stop thinking about food… Today’s been an awful detox day: headaches, exhaustion, lack of concentration, mood swings, etc… But I promise you WILL have good days on this Renoir! And this forum has been an amazing support system. I could not have made it this far, or even have had the courage to start without it and you guys!

• Kathryn- I feel the same way. I am soooo grateful for you guys.
    I bought soo much stuff, lol. I got all kinds of raw nuts, nutritional yeast, seeds to sprout, bottles of Olive oil, namu shayo, braggs…....... I went to wild oats and took a list of raw supplies from this group. I found most items but some I will have to get online such as carob powder. I even ordered my excalibur!!! I am so excited to get started eating raw.
    Kathy…this is day 6 for you right? That means these symptoms will probably start for me tomorrow!!! I hope they don’t last too long for you, but it is good to know the cleanse is working!

• Yep… this is day 6 (only 8 days left!!!) I REALLY hope you don’t feel like this tomorrow; I wouldn’t wish this on anyone! I think symptoms vary person-to-person though. I read one person’s blog who said days 1, 3 and 7 were the worst, but, for me, day 3 was a breeze. Let’s hope tomorrow is a good day for everyone!

• just wanted to wish you all luck this wknd. Have a great wknd too. Nite

• Kminty-haven’t heard from you today. I do hope you are feeling better. Hang in there girl.

• PrincesSITA- you might want to ask the group about a long term MC. This is a new forum and I think this is the first time for the few of us here. I am sure someone is as disciplined and BRAVE as you are. I am thoroughly impressed!

PricesSITA: are you nuts?:) Just kidding!!! Good job.. you are amazing. I’m barely making it through the ten!
    Day 6 was a moody day and I felt weak, but food tempations weren’t really there. Even though I grocery shopped. Just to get Kathryn hungry I’ll tell you I bought all kinds of yummy fruit like papaya and pineapple and salad and nuts and avocado’s. Ha! Kathryn I think you and I have the same cravings so you would’ve enjoyed my shopping.
    Day 7 is starting off good, I think.. I actually feel much less lifeless than yesterday. I’ve enjoyed that I’ve been able to do this with little outside stress, sometimes I wonder though if work, etc. would have made the days go by faster because they are a distraction.
    I’ve been losing about a pound a day and now wondering if I’ll be able to keep any of it off once I resume to normal eating, well, not entirely normal, I plan to cut back a lot. This fast made me realize how much I overeat! Kathryn hope you day seven goes well! Sgmom2, are you on day 6? should be good for you!

• Day 7 update: I really don’t know if I’m going to be able to go the full 14 days. I’m craving food (nutrients), and the maple syrup is so sweet it’s making me feel nauseous. I really wanted to be able to do the full 2 weeks, but I don’t think I can… No detox symptoms or hunger today… Just a general feeling of malnourishment and TOO MUCH SUGAR
    Hope everyone is having a better day than I am lol

• Kathryn, my husband has suggested we do a 7 day cleanse,lol. He is feeling VERY weak today. We went to the park for a walk and his knees gave out. He is resting now, so I hope he feels better tomorrow and is able to continue on. I too am beginning to feel worn down. I am anemic and take iron pills so it maybe my iron level has dropped? I just have to get through these last 4 days! I am not really hungry, just feeling draggy today.

I personally think if you make the 10 days, you have done fantastic! How much more detoxing could you actually do in 4 more days anyway? I think you should listen to your body. However, if tomorrow you feel that you can stretch it, then I say go for it!

• Thanks for the support =)
    I’m gonna make it the ten days… but take it day by day after that. If, on the 11th morning, I feel up to it, then I’ll do 11. And if I feel the same on te 12th morning, then even better. I think I’m just feeling overwhelmed and isolated. No one (apart from this forum) knows I’m doing a MC.
    I’m seriously so excited for food again though! I’m getting a sprouting kit, and I can’t wait to grow my own sprouts! haha You will never hear a cooked person say anything like that or talking about fasting like its just another topic =P Us raw ones are a strange bunch <3>

• Kathryn..I too bought sprouting equipment on my big shopping trip. I soaked my alfalfa, sun seeds today. I want to eat the greens.
    Day 6
    Guys, I have a confession…...I cheated a little bit today;-(( We had a very important meeting today and my husband said my breath was really bad still so I sucked on a sugar-free altoid just before sitting down for the visit. I hope this doesn’t throw me out of detox. It’s sooo tiny and 0 calories so I am hoping I’ll be okay. Sorry, but I didn’t have another alternative, I brushed my teeth with paste and baking soda and even gargled, but the white film on my tongue and empty stomach is causing some really funky breath. I am so self concious when I am out.
    We are going horseback riding tomorrow so we’ll be gone all day so that should be a distraction. Hope the day went well for you guys.

• So day one of MC has been great so far!! I juice fasted for a couple of days first so I think that helped a lot with food cravings, since I haven’t really had many today. I even sat with my bf while he ate lunch and I drank the lemonade (which I think tastes much better with lemons than limes btw). I started with the senna tea last night, and started feeling the stomach cramps and elimination this morning. I did the SWF, and it wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought. The hardest part was drinking a whole quart of salt water. The first pint went down ok, but I started to gag at the 2nd pint. When I eliminated the salt water it was actually kind of soothing! Is that weird? I’ll keep you all posted on how this continues!

Good job everyone!
    Day 8 is starting o.k but I feel really weak. I had a great day 7 up until the evening, then I got really really weak. It was fine because I didn’t need to do anything but lay around and get ready for bed, but it felt wierd to be so weak. My husband has been great and helpful though, made the bed, is juicing my lemons, doing everything so I can just veg. I had my last lemonade about 4 oclock yesterday (that’s kind of the pattern I’ve been on) and maybe that’s why I feel weak. Will have new lemonade soon after my swf starts kicking in.
    I was pleased though that day 7 went really well since I had heard horror stories. Although I’m excited for food soon, I wonder what my stomach will actually be able to handle? we’ll see. Today I’m going to the movies, maybe for a light jog and bowling. Should be a relaxing day .. I can’t believe honestly I’ve made it this far, it’s not like me to be so disciplined! I never am. Oh.. funny thing.. I have organzing my cupboards yesterday and wanted to put my lips up to the liquid smoke bottle just for a different flavor. That’s got to be the wierdest thing I’ve ever thought of doing!!!

• Good Morning ladies! Iam SO proud of everyone for making it this far. I am feeling better this morning and a little less guilty for the altoid, lol. We are headed to church and then for a horeseback ride at the nature park. I’ll check in with you guys in the evening. Have a GREAT Sunday!

• I think I’m done. My concentration and energy levels are at an all-time low. And this is baaaad, because I have a 15-pager due Wednesday and an exam on Thursday. I feel like staying on the MC would put those marks in jeopardy. I’m going to do 2 days of green smoothies before transitioning back into solids (fruit and veg). I’m actually feeling good about this decision, though I do feel like I’m letting you guys down. I’d like to try the MC again, as a personal challenge… but maybe during the summer, when it’s not -25 each day and I don’t have marks on the line. Well I’m off to get some greens to blend into my smoothies! Hope everyone is having a great day and isn’t too disappointed in me.

kathryn.. i completely understand and respect. YOu are making the right decision based on your lifestyle and the weather :) you made it really far and your body thanks you for that! keep checking in though or I”ll miss you! Kelley
    sgmom2.. don’t beat yourself up about a silly altoid and enjoy your ride!

• I’d like to join you all although, I’m juicefeasting but haven’t had any interest in my previous posts to join me. Kathrynintheraw offered her support on the other thread and I’m wondering which thread to stay with since kathrynintheraw said she had completed her cleanse. Congratulations to those of you who have been doing this for a few days, and to those of us only beginning, our bodies will thank us!

• Kathryn-Congratulations on making it 9 days! You did your body good. you better keep checking in on us. You gace us so much motivation. Thank-you

kellie- How was day 8 for you? I feel more peppy today. I have a huge gross rash on my neck and one side of my face. I hope it’s detox. I just keep thinking..this time next week I will be eating a HUGE salad with avacado, green onion, hempseeds, tomatoes, tons of cucumbers, sunflower seeds, walnuts and creamy garlic dressing with a slice of onion herb bread. I hope I dream about that tonight ;-)