Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What are you eating

Comments

• TzefiraTzefira Raw Newbie

ok so about a 2 hours ago i had my coconut water…Mmm Mmm… then a hour later i had an avocado.. and im leaving in a couple of hrs to go to a pot luck so i’ll have a lil of everything…. Not very much today.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

today: green smoothie with flax and banana and greens and apple and banana, amplifire energy drink (raw), strawberries, dates, a coconut, walnuts. later will have big buckwheat based salad with avocado and tomatoes!

• wednesday: water, 2 mugs nettle and mint tea, water, 1 pear, 1 clementine, green smoothie with live greens, water tbsp flax seeds, 1 orange, 1 kiwi, 1 cup of alfalfa&broccoli sprouts, 2 bananas. pieces of the raw chocolate co’s vanoffe: cacao butter, carob, mulberries, vanilla pods, sea salt, and pieces of explorer’s edition: pollen, cacao butter, carob, cacao nibs, salt and vanilla. honey, water, cacao, maca, almond pulp, coconut pulp,shredded coconut, and celtic salt mixed. 1 banana, bee pollen, grated carrot, celery, 3 tbsp tahini, tomatoes, spring onions, salt, pepper, cumin, 2 botilla olives wrapped in 2 beautiful curly purple cabbage leaves…

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Girlfridae – I sympathize, this is my 3rd week raw. I eat a lot too!

• 3/27 – 2 oranges, 1 banana, bagel at work w/ cream cheese, 2 cups of water (still struggling w/ the water) 2 dark chocolate pieces (not raw)

Lunch – HUGE salad with the tomato dressing from this site. 5 pretzel crackers.

I want to make the RAW choc. but the cacoa, nips and all that stuff is confusing to me – not to mention expensive. So I try and do the dark choc.The bagel at work? Well I didn’t really prepare for breakfast and I was late – and there it was – my GOD - what have I done? Ok – that was a joke -bad one, but it made me laugh. And you are right about the greens.

• Girlfridae1Girlfridae1 Raw Newbie

3/27:

Two full glasses Dr. Oz’s Green Drink, 2tsp almond butter w/ 2tsp agave and 2 tsp coconut oil 1 red pepper w/ 3/4 c. white beans, 1TBS red star yeast, 1tsp tahini 2 plums and a pear and a lara bar 2 nori wraps (full sheets) and more of the almond butter/agave/coconut oil (which has become my personal vegan crack)

1 1/2 litres water

• I hope you guys don’t mind if I do this, but just want to give a little advice from someone who eats 100%.

Girlfridae1 = You are not eating that much honestly, but I will say try to stop limiting yourself just starting out eat RAW as much as you want just make sure you are hungry and not just eating because LARA BARS are on sale at $1.29 HEE HEE I am guilty of this last month.

EnjoyRAW = Up your green intake it seems that you are not getting enough which is making you still lean on bagels at work know what I mean. Get in that kitchen and make your some RAW chocolate treats don’t waste your money on that other chocolate. As far as the water goes, add some organic lemon to give it some taste. I get most of my water from what I eat, but if you feel you need to get your water in make sure it’s from a clean source.

MUCH love to all, I love reading these post you guy’s have great discipline just by being able to do this so I know you can do RAW/LIVING foods just go for it.

Thanks for the advice ardesmond2 and yeah I probably could do without the Lara bars, but when my box of vegan food arrived last week from the states (I live in Europe), it’s hard not to ‘justify’ testing everything out:)

You are very knowledgeable about raw eating so maybe you can help….can I eat fruit and vegetables together? About an hour after lunch and then again after dinner, I get a serious sweet tooth….

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

YESTERDAY: first thing-500 mL water with ACV/ after long run breakfast: soft serve raw ice kream of coconut, chlorella, banana, flax/snack: few dates with strawberries/snack: apple and handful soaked almonds/dinner: big salad with sprouts, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado/ few cups of herbal tea in between

• I look at this way GIRLFRIDAE, everyone is different me I was never a big fruit fan so I don’t eat that much fruit unless it’s a green smoothie. I would test it out and see, a lot of people drive themselves crazy with the Hygienic Food Combining when it’s just not necessary. As you are doing here keep a food journal for yourself and see what works for you. I myself remember having the worst gas and belly aches starting out, now I can eat nuts, fruit, veggies together whenever I want at all times of the day, but you have to have a lot of greens in you to do that. I buy a serious amount of green leafy vegetables it makes up 90% of my diet. So I tell you what I am getting ready to eat a grapefruit to test your theory and see how I feel. :)

• Thurs 27/3 Brekkie: The usual green juice (apple, spinach, celery, cucumber, lime, ginger)

Lunch: Avocado stuffed with sundried tomato and basil, more green juice, celery & carrot stix

Dinner: Salad of shredded spinach, red cabbage, yellow bell pepper, shredded beetroot and walnuts with olive oil and balsamic vinegar (i know its not raw but it tastes so good!)

I wasn’t here yesterday because I did a midweek water fast and couldn’t bear to see all the good things people were eating!!

Hi Folks: Good input, Ardesmond. I’ve love to up my green intake. I received my vitamix two days ago, and I have 2 green smoothies a day. I suppose the other greens could be in salads… 90% of your diet being greens is so wonderful! I’ll take your advice and eat as much as I’m hungry, since i’m new to raw.

-Breakfast: swiss chard, frozen banana, pineapple, lemon rind smoothie -Lunch: 2 apples, 2 Tbsp nut butter, 1 pear, 1/2 larabar -Dinner: 4 oz. sunflower cracker, 1.5 cups carrot almond pate – see recipes at www.raspberry.lemonsnowcone.com -Snack: Almond milk with vanilla and banana

3/28 – breakfast/snack: green smoothie (spinach ice banana pineapple lemon rind), orange smoothie (3 oranges, 1/2 banana, ice, water) lunch: 3 cups lettuce, vinaigrette dressing. 1/2 cherry larabar dinner: raw calzone snack: almond milk with vanilla and banana

Cool-thanks Ardesmond2 for the advice (gotta get me some more greens!).

Breakfast – mango w/ 1 TBS almond butter/ 2 tsps coconut oil and 1 tbs agave Lunch – big salad of lambs lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, cucumber and tomatoe Afternoon – 2 plums, 1 pear and 50ml coffee (couldn’t resist) 1TBS almond butter, 1 TBS coconut oil and 1TBS agave Dinner – pico de gallo and green smoothie

No lara bars…they’ve run out:(

• 3/28 – Today has not been a Raw day at all. :( Will start fresh tonight.

Breakfast – banana/half of bagel

Lunch – cantalope/banana/chex mix

Dinner – Got GREENS! The biggest green smoothie I can make and raw vinegar water (gotta move some things out the system). Does anyone else do this? Drink Raw vinegar with water to stay regular?

EnjoyRaw no worries—I am starting out raw too, and sometimes old habits/cravings die hard… But we are trying eh?

:)

• I like this – good ideas for new foods!

Breakfast: smoothie w/ collards/arugula, banana, blueberries & a bit of almond milk.

Snack: Asian pear

Lunch: Arugula w/ beets, celery, radishes & tahini dressing

Snack: Cherry larabar & apple

Dinner: Likely a green salad – going out for dinner.

• Thanks Girlfridae1 – I know I’m doing good because in the past I would have given up, my recovery time when I stumble is a lot quicker. What say you guys – another week?

• this will help with accountability, if you guys are going to keep going.

my day:

breakfast: green smoothie with a mango, a few chunks of pineapple, grated ginger and 4 cups of spinach

lunch: guacamole salad with red pepper, avocado, red onion, onion sprouts and lime juice

snack: a few pieces of dried mango and some kale chips, a handful of corn chips that i made a ton of but seem to have lost the taste for

dinner: i am staying with my parents for a bit so my mom tends to make me things even when i tell her not to. today i ate what she made, white beans and kale. i had planned on kelp noodles but will eat them tomorrow.

currently: chai tea with a little bit of almond milk

if people are mentioning exercise, i do 1.5 hours of bikram/ashtanga/hatha/yin yoga every day.

• Today – Detox Tea. Bowl of mixed fruit: Strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, mango, orange, apple, pear and papaya with lime juice. Cooked quinoa with brazil nuts. 8 oz. Black Sesame milk. Miso soup: Miso, cabbage, shitake mushrooms, spring onions, ginger, cilantro and hemp seeds. Few nuts here and there almonds, walnuts. Green smoothie 20 oz.: Kale, romaine, spinach, mixed greens, pea shoots, cilantro, Vitamineral green, and maca. Sunflower Beet pate rolled in collard leaves, Lentil sprouts. Salad: Celery, carrot, green apple, red onion, raisens, lime juice and a little olive oil Half a chocolate Lara bar. Total amount of water about a quart. Jasmine tea. May have left something out think I might not be remembering everything.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

Breakfast: Green Juice with lots of apples Lunch: Green Juice with apples! (same batch) Dinner: Watercress salad with sun dried tomato, cucumber, sprouts, raw dressing Handful almonds Snack: Pumpkin spice vegan cookie (not raw) Jelly Belly’s (not raw) Papaya

This isn’t a typical day with all those non raw sweets but I was working a different schedule and got careless (started on the jelly bellys then all went to hell) I would take any advice from anyone too

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

Sorry about not writing on Monday. I can’t say when I will start but soon.

3/31 – breakfast: green smoothie (spinach, orange, banana, raspberry) lunch: 1/2 mango, 1 grapefruit, 3 cups lettuce with red onion topped with crumbled peanuts and sweet dressing, dinner: shredded green papaya salad, possibly coconut milk.

• 3/31 – Breakfast: Apple (snacked pretty late); Lunch – broc, tomato, carrot, peppers, salad – 1 cracker (not raw); smoothie – broc, pineapple, carrots, apple

Ended up having 3 Girl Scout mint/choc cookies b4 bed

Dinner – tried to make broc and tomato soup (did not come out right). I will be having a smoothie for dinner. I feel like I want to be raw this week 99 – 100 percent. We will see how it goes.

4/1 – breakfast: green smoothie (spinach, orange, banana) lunch: 4 cups lettuce, 1/2 cup carrots, 1/2 cup tomatoes, 1/2 cup mushrooms, 1/4 cup bell pepper, 4 Tbsp oil+veg dressing. dinner: fruit, veggies snack: almond milk blended with dates and bananas

• 4/1 – Breakfast: pineapple, coconut, banana smoothie; 2 tangerines, grapes, green tea

Lunch: 2 more tangerines, more grapes, Handful of cashews (not raw), Not feeling as hungry as usual – I think my system is redefining what hungry is.

Dinner – chicken/bread and 2 slices of banana bread (Guess I finally got hungry)

breakfast: green smoothie (parsley, banana, blueberries, coconut water), lunch: avocado, snack: 3 dates, 6 walnuts. snack: 1 apple, 1 Tbsp peanut butter dinner: 3 cups lettuce, 3 cups mixed veggies, 2 Tbsp Tomato dressing. snack: 1 pear

• Breakfast meeting – asked for a fruit bowl and they didn’t have that – not until MAY (what the *#$#)

Snack – grapes

Lunch – green smoothie (collards, grapes, strawberries, bananas, apples)

Dinner – chicken pattie (not raw – stress meal) with steamed veggies

• AKAAuburnEyesAKAAuburnEyes Raw Newbie

4/6

Before breakfast: 20 oz water with juice of 1 meyer lemon

Breakfast: Chia-Red Kale-Apple smoothie

Mid-morning tea: Pu-Erh tea with rice milk

Mid-morning snack: 1/2 medium sized watermelon

Lunch: Salad of 5 ounces Romaine, 1/2 papaya, 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, juice of 1 lime

Mid-afternoon snack: Collard-Banana-Date smoothie

Dinner: Sliced heirloom tomato, fresh squeezed O.J. and champagne mango smoothie, cauliflower broccoli soup with pecans/daikon/zucchini/red pepper

4/7 – breakfast: green smoothie (dill, lettuce, banana, berries)

midmorning snack: 1.5 cups honeydew melon

lunch: 4 stalks celery with 2 Tbsp peanut butter and 1/3 cup raisins

mid afternoon snack: 2 oranges

dinner: 1/2 cup Dancing chicken salad (on goneraw) with 2 apples, sliced.

evening snack: 2 cups lettuce with 1 Tbsp dressing, dehydr. nut crackers, 2 cups almond milk with vanilla and cacao, 1 walnut brownie (recipe on goneraw)