Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Change in eye colour

I’ve been reading info on changes in eye colour and read somewhere that a raw food diet can cause changes in someone’s eye colour and/or make the colour of the iris lighter.

Has anyone experienced this or would know more on the topic?

Comments

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

I have heard that the yellowish colour around your pupil is sometimes an indication of your bodies toxicity. If this is true then the more you detox, the less yellow you should have.

I did have an experience when I was on a fruit fast. I didn’t make the connection at the time but I remember saying to my friend “You are going to think I’m nuts but I swear my eyes are brighter and more blue”.

• I have found that my eye color has changed from hazel to a bluish, greenish, with a litte specks of brown. I’m sure mine will continue to go completely blue.

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

I have olive/brown hazel eyes that have always changed color a lot, but the brown has faded dramatically on raw. And when I have gone and eaten some cooked food, big brown splotches appeared around my pupils! Conversely, when I juice feast, my eyes turn bright green.

• it is true jenny, mine are blue and I noticed that on raw they became clearer and lighter. When I eat something cooked it turns darker again!

• My eyes have always been an olivey-gold-brown color. My younger brother, when he was a child, called them ‘autumn leaf eyes”. Well, since going raw, they look a very clear green color – the brown/gold centers seem to have diappeared. I chalked it up to my imagination, because I’d heard eye color lightened when raw and wanted it to happen.

A couple of weeks ago I was at a commercial shoot and as I was getting dressed, the makeup artist asked what color my eyes were. I told her hazel. Later, as she was touching up my makeup on set, she said “I always thought hazel eyes were brownish green, but yours are blue/green.” I couldn’t believe it! I’m not imagining it – my eyes are lighter and clearer!!

All this coincided with my father’s visit. He picked up my copy of “Raw Food Real World” and mockingly said, “I want to get the glow!” I said “Hey, don’t knock it – it works” and he replied “Well, you DO seem to be glowing.”

Raw makes you beautiful inside and out!

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

since my mom starting drinking acai100. her blue eyes became brighter and glossier. to the point where people are stopping her in stores to compliment her on her eyes.

• Yes, I agree. I grew up with deep dark brown eyes. The past year and a half I have noticed them slowly change colors. They are now light brown with a green halo around my iris and sometimes near the top I have a blueish hue. It’s amazing, I never thought my eye color would change!

• I have two different colored eyes (pretty much identical to Kate Bosworth, just a bit larger of a hazel section) and since cleaning up the food I’ve been eating the blue is lightening and the hazel part is almost a light golden orange. The other day a photographer thought his camera lens might have been picking up the lights badly because my eye was partly red without having red eye.

Worleyhimself, what is this Acai100, and is your mom 100% raw? I’m all for using anything to make my eyes trippier!

• Wow, so I see a lot of people have noticed eye colour changes on a raw diet.

This gives me hope as I have dark brown eyes and have always wanted a lighter colour.

SarahJ mentioned that detox affects the amount of yellow in the eyes. Does anyone know of any other possible reasons raw foodism may cause a change in eye colour or is it all just detox?

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

A few years ago I read about the iris and vitamin deficiency. If the ring around it was not uniform in size and colour, then you had a deficiency of something or other, and so on (I wish I remember what book I was reading). well anyway, although I am not completely raw (75%, started 100%, working backwards due to roommate issues), I did notice my eyes being a bit brighter. I think they would be more so if I were eating 100% again.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

I have been seeing a holistic practioner for seven months and she told me that Hazel eyes are a sign of digestion problems. mine were green/brown for as long as I can remember and now they are turning BLUE!! I guess all those years of people telling me I was full of it was right lol it has only been 7 months so I cannot wait to see how blue they actually get I want to be 100% raw someday. But still fighting the food demons. I am thinking about the master cleanse to see if it will help me out on my addictions.Perhaps that will speed up the colour change.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

The master cleanse will definitely help with breaking addictions. I have had a pretty clean diet for several years. However, I was still bad about the salt. After the master cleanse I was able to get off the salt. It made it easy because when you finish the cleanse you reintroduce only the foods you choose too. Plus you have 10 days to think about what foods you’ll eat!!

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Yes, I thought my eyes used to be bluish kindof….now they are kindof greenish brownish.

At least I think they are…the photo looks more like blue…bad photo too though.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

yep mine are greener too. they used to be brownish green but now are more 50-50.

• Mine are greener, too! And the whites of my eyes are so clear and shiny. Raw rawks, baby!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Green. Green. Are we eating too much greens???

Tell you what, large amounts (or even smaller amounts) of beet juice will turn your fecal matter dark dark RED for days and then do the same thing to your urine if you drink enough.

So, a diet with just beet juice, would you get red eyes???

• How long did it take before you all noticed the change in color?

• ajchanterajchanter Raw Newbie

Yes! mine have gotten lighter, and bluer! (they used to be brown, then green, now green/grey/blue!!) Iv been raw around 6 months+! :)

• Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

Are you guys serious?! I have medium brown eyes and have always wanted green eyes. Sometimes there’s a tiny tiny bit of greenish hue around my pupils, but that’s it.I used get my contacts in green occasionally but they always just blurred my vision. I would LOVE for my eyes to just naturally lighten to green!

• I was born with dark brown eyes and I will die with dark brown eyes. I don’t think the change of eye color thing applies to certain people (especially of African descent).

• Karmygirl…I WILL FLIP OUT IF MY EYES TURN GREEN OR BLUE!!! LOL! They’re very pretty colors though. I wonder if eye color change only happens for people with light colored eyes (brown, green, or blue) to begin with. I would be curious to know if this has happened to anyone of African descent with dark colored eyes, or anyone with dark colored eyes no matter what race.

Oh, and I did read a long time ago in Dr. Richard Anderson’s book called ‘Cleanse and Purify Thyself’, that detoxification and purification can cause eye color changes, but he doesn’t explain how. I personally don’t know anyone who this has happened to.

I think you chose a good topic to explore elf_ninja. I have wanted to know the answer to this topic for a long time now.

• I’ve seen the change of color in people from the typical SAD diet to vegan and not even totally raw.

• hey kendra i was just thinking the same thing, i am african and i have brown eyes, but i did see a black baby with beautiful blue eyes on you tube ,you might wanna see, may be they do change to a lighter color eventually, i guess we have to find out eventually

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

I'd describe my eye colour as milk chocolate, mostly. There are a few lighter, greenish flecks, but light has to be shining on them to notice them. In the short time I've been transitioning to raw, both the brown and the green seem to be getting brighter. The whites of my eyes seem whiter too. When I see my mother or sister, who have dark chocolate coloured eyes, I realize how much lighter mine are. I'm not convinced that this isn't just my imagination playing tricks on me, but I'm interested to see whether the colour keeps brightening month by month, or after a year or so. I always wanted green or hazel eyes. Maybe I'll have my chance yet!

• HA! I was just thinking that. I don't think my dark brown/red eyes are gonna ever be blue or green. I could only dream... I'm hispanic.

But I will keep an eye on them. hehe. No pun intended.

• If you research sclerology and iridolgy you will see how it is very possible your eyes will change color when eating raw (ie: healthy), and why.

Here is a really fascinating series of videos with Robert Tennyson Stevens (who recommends a raw diet) explaining why it happens and what the different changes in color, spots, placement of bloodvessels, shape of the vessels, lines, etc mean. The first two explain basics and the rest show real life examples. I had my eyes read earlier this year by a sclerologist and complete stranger and was a skepic... and was blown away how accurate it was.

http://www.veoh.com/channels/bio-optic

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

My eyes were a very dark brown. They have lightened and brightened. My eye whites are very white.

• wow, i never thought about it before but mine are hazel but the green in my eye is really popping! this is so cool!

• kauaigirlkauaigirl Raw Newbie

My eyes were dark brown my whole life and seem to be more hazel/greenish now. An iridologist told me that dark brown around the pupil is indicative of a love of sweets... true for me!