Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

PARASITES and Raw Diet

I just learned that I’ve been infected with PARASITES (gross!!!) and after doing some research I’ve learned that you may be contaminated through unwashed/uncooked food. Do you have a higher chance of contracting these “bugs” when you’re eating a raw diet? Any suggestions how you can protect yourself? How do I make sure my veggies/fruits are clean?

Comments

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I just read an article on Mercola.com about this very topic expousing ozone washing: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/arch… I’m gonna stick to normal rinsing…

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

What parasites exactly are you referring to?

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

It’s true that eating contaminated raw food makes you susceptible to parasites. It’s good to be organic when you can and to wash other produce. Taking biotics and using garlic, ginger, onions and cayenne in the diet is a good safeguard against these beasties.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Parasite cleansing: here’s an excellent blog article explaining one raw foodist’s method of cleansing: SimplyRaw Blog

• Did you have any symptoms prior to finding out you had them? I am curious to know if my bloating might be related to parasites. It is strange we haven’t been informed more about parasites, I am just currently learning about how many of us actually have them and don’t know. :/ As for washing I am not sure what the best method is, I just use water but I’ve read some people use vinegar.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

This is the third time I posted this info tonight in response to questions about killing bacteria, fungi, viruses, etc. Do some research on grapefruit seed extract (GSE) which is also known to kill many internal parasites and even lice on the outside of the body. There is a link under my posts on the topic of dandruff and eart discharge.

Here is information specific to your post.

GSE and Parasites

• i just finished the dr.clark protocol for parasite cleansing… found it great, really complements raw. you can google it to find out more info. i also finished with her liver flush and i feel so great for giving my liver a good spring clean. parasites can really mess with your digestive system and overall well being. ive see parasite cleansing clear up heaps of stuff like allergies and irritable bowel syndrome

and it makes the raw life easier. that doctor also has great ideas on washing produce to remove parasites too… and she reckons cooking in metal contaiminates food and helps the parasites thrive… shes really interesting… has writen a few books, id recommend them to anyone interested in natural healing

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

The parasite theory is very overblown in my opinion along with candida. They do happen but not to the extent these sites selling there products make out. These sites often attribute every disease to different parasites(clarks theory which has been proven in many cases as wrong) and candida.

Parasite infection is more common when traveling and eating in different countries.

• Victoria Boutenko said something about how her parasites went away on raw food.