What About Tea?

Okay, I can’t decide if this question is absurd or fairly logical. I’m going to ask anyway.

If you drink tea, can you consider yourself 100% raw?? Would you even consider tea a food? I feel like tea should somehow be exempt from the whole raw food thing, yet it’s clearly a very hot beverage…

Should I stop drinking my tea if I want to be fully raw?

Comments

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

tea has tons of health benefits but is not really raw. Green tea is lightly cooked, black tea is green tea which is fermented, and white tea is the young leaves of tea plant which are dried. Teas are loaded with anti-oxidants which destroy and protect your body from damaging free radicals. I wouldnt stop drinking it just because its not completely raw, but that is just my opinion.

• i was under the impression that sun-brewed herbal teas are considered raw. however, i find that in the dead of a cold cold winter, drinking hot tea keeps me from wanting to eat hot food. it’s a trade-off, but it works.

• Priceless OnePriceless One Raw Newbie

Yes, I need something hot to warm me up on the inside. And I do consider myself almost;) 100%. At least today I am. :)

• Whatever you do, don’t add milk to your tea! “Adding milk to a cup of tea can destroy its ability to protect against heart disease, according to research.”

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6241139.stm