Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Weight Loss Help

2»

Comments

• Tamisha, Good job at going raw:) one of the things I did to get more greens was to do green smoothies in the morning…I drink 32 ounces a day and I try to eat one salad a day…as long as I get those two things in I pretty much eat mostly fruit and very little nuts if any. My favorite green drink is 1 banana, 1 apple, 1 orange, few chunks of fresh pineapple, 1 cup pure water, 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed or 1 tablespoon of flax oil, 3 handfuls of organic spinach and couple of kale leaves and a couple of collard green leaves. I then mix that in my vita mix blender and drink it down. It really gives me alot of energy and keeps me going all day..it also keep cravings away. I hope that helps….I know alot of people add greens from a can or jar and that is fine but I find the fresh greens is better:)

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

lalalizoo, on the average day i’ll start out with a BIG glass of water with lemon. then i’ll have a green smoothie with fresh greens, berries, sunfood powder, hemp seeds, coconut oil, and a vegetarian EFA blend. i’ll have either some fruit (not banana or date though, and no dried ruit) or a big salad with sprouts and so forth later, snack on fruit like fresh apricots or plums later if i get hungry, and then for dinner have a small portion of gluten free grain, steamed vegetables (lots of greens) and cooked legumes like pinto beans on some days. sometimes i have a raw dinner, or lunch on the daikon noodle meal i have posted on here (since daikon is so easy to find). it varies. in general, i keep mostly raw, avoid bananas dates and dried fruit, eat plenty of berries and greens, and make sure i keep my EFAs in check. oh, and also i take digestive enzymes and a probiotic with the cooked meal.